IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: My new Boat....I\'am Scared!!! (pic)

I just bought the little brother to yours, same color and all, 15' w/ 40hp honda. It's been a blast the first few times out. You're gonna love it!! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts

Nice set-up you have there....I'm sure your kids will be begging you to go out now!

Half Canuck

·
Registered
2,792 Posts

Nice boat,now get some fish blood in it an it
will be perfect.Looks like a couple keepers already in it. :grin: :grin:
Bob

·
Registered
2,460 Posts

Congrats on the new boat. :dance:

Happy safe boating!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts

Nice boat! I am sure it will catch fish just as well as the old one.

It took me a whole 15 minutes to put a scratch in my new boat. Do it now and get it over with. I have added many more in a rather short period of time. :mad: Remember you are the only one who can prevent scratches. Don't trust anyone. There is something about a new boat that others feel the need to put the first scratch in.

The worst one I got while being a good samaritan. (Trying to help a person jump start a dead battery boat to boat.) I won't do that again.

·
Registered
17,011 Posts

Gawd, they're just sooooo prettty and shiney - before you use it the first time and put those dock-nail scratches in it. Congrats and have fun!

·
Registered
784 Posts

Oh that is one sweet looking boat. :dance:

For the last two weeks I've been researching the net, going to dealers and crawling all over boats like yours - gotta get rid of the bass boat. Been losing sleep over this. Friends Mojo and Denali are counseling me and I'm sure that with their good advice I'll end up in my dream boat. Until then, can I drool over the picture of yours? :grin:

·
Registered
6,569 Posts

dude! nice ride

scratch it - bloody it - go forth now and wear PFDs

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,345 Posts

Thanks all for the reply... Fish blood first and scratches later :smile:

Yes my two keepers are in the boat in the picture although today is the oldest's birthday she is 10 and she may get a quick line release because she know's it all now she hit double digits. :smile:

PFD's are always a must in the boat for me and the kids.

I researched for a while looking for a decent deal. looked at North rivers and Custom Weld and ending up going with the Alumaweld. Personally I liked all the boats I looked at they all had great plus's. I would recomend any of those other brands I looked at. Unfortuantly I had a set budget and went for the best boat for the money I had to work with. I went to several differant dealerships trying to wheel and deal and my favorite line I got from the salesman was "You can't walk into home depot and tell them you want a saw that is priced at $500.00 for 450.00 they would say No way" I thought that was funny.

WEll if you see the Alumaweld out give me a shout will be around on the Siletz and Tucca coming up in Aug. Sep. Oct. also will be browsing around some lakes this summer with the kids trying to get into some trout and kokanee..

·
Registered
1,566 Posts

Congrats on the very nice boat :cheers:

[ 06-20-2003, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: Quick Fisher ]

·
Registered
2,653 Posts

Got Fish...... who'd you buy that beauty from?

I just got back to Goldendale from having your boat's bigger brother (19') worked on at Steven's Marine in Tigard.

It was mostly warrantee work, with extras, (a swim step, and compass installed). They got the work done on time, and at the price we'd discussed.

I have a feeling you and the family will enjoy her! Sweet Boat..... :cheers:

·
Registered
3,505 Posts

[I had to work with. I went to several differant dealerships trying to wheel and deal and my favorite line I got from the salesman was "You can't walk into home depot and tell them you want a saw that is priced at $500.00 for 450.00 they would say No way" [/QB][/QUOTE]

You also would not see a boat dealer working off the slim margins that home depot makes, or go buy a car for sticker price. In todays economy every one is willing to deal.

Nice boat, I hope to upgrade at the next sportsman show

[ 06-20-2003, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: fish_on ]

·
Registered
389 Posts

Nice boat!! Think that you will be real happy that you went with the Honda 4 stroke. I went with the Honda and it just sips gas. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,345 Posts

Originally posted by timinthegorge:
Got Fish...... who'd you buy that beauty from?

I just got back to Goldendale from having your boat's bigger brother (19') worked on at Steven's Marine in Tigard.

It was mostly warrantee work, with extras, (a swim step, and compass installed). They got the work done on time, and at the price we'd discussed.

I have a feeling you and the family will enjoy her! Sweet Boat..... :cheers:
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">I'am not sure I can metion were I got the boat due to Ifish Policy :smile:

I bought the boat in Salem at the only marine dealership that sells alumaweld here :cheers:

It was the best experience I ever had buying something. I knew what I wanted they had it at the price I wanted and I snuck into the 50 4 stroke too. Very happy

·
Registered
126 Posts

You made the right choice with that motor. I'm sure it runs a lot quieter than the 2-stroke. I've got the same boat with a 90hp jet, and it is LOUD when running full out with the top up. I'd love to have a 4-stroker.

Also, when, or if, you get a kicker for it, wait until you can afford an 8 horse instead of a 6. Because the boat is small and light I was talked into a 6hp 4-stroke, which is a single cylinder versus the 8hp which is two cylinder. Single cylinder vibrates like crazy at trolling speeds. Wish I'd of gotten the 8.

Other than that, they're a great economical boat.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts

Nice boat! Ive got an 03 Honda 40hp and i love it, great mileage and can have a semi- normal conversation (a few dBs above office volume) at full throttle. BTW 16' North River Revenge 35mph. You can expect about the same with a 14 pitch prop.

·
Registered
612 Posts

nice boat, don't forget to change your profile, mister

·
Registered
366 Posts

Nice boat and motor :cheers: . You're gonna have a blast with that thing. You will soon wonder how you ever got by without a windshield and fisherman's top.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts