IFish.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went down to the Kilchis thursday afternoon armed with a pink and white First Cast jig with beads. After about 20 minutes, while I was chatting with the guy next to me it was "dude, where's my bobber?" Next, a quick hookset that would make Jimmy Houston proud and the fight was on!! I was suprisd when I finally saw the fish, a small 1olb Chinook (I figured a chum). This little guy was quickly released without leaving the water. Also fished the Miami which was low and clear. Full of spawning chum's too, so I decided to leave em alone..

·
Registered
10,810 Posts
Nice job foxer! I have yet to catch a fish on a jig yet, but winter steelies are coming up and I plan on changing that! :grin:

- :dance: jokester

·
Registered
419 Posts
Great job. I also have not got any fish using a
jig, maybe Jokerster will show me this winter?
:shrug: I will gladly give it a try and lil corky
also. :dance: :dance:

·
Registered
10,810 Posts
I just might have to take you up on your offer David! E-mail me with some dates you have open for winters coming up! Old Man River...David's the guy you want to teach you about jig fishing. We might just have to learn together one day :grin:

-jokester

[ 11-14-2003, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: jokester ]

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
foxer.

Way to go on your first Salmon with a jig. Ironically the last four Salmon I hooked this week was on the same beaded pink/white jig including a 25# hen I released this morning.

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts