IFish.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes you just gotta share....

On Tuesday with my wife and her mother, her two brothers, and one brother's wife, we removed the incubator tube that was keeping my father-in-law alive. He was 76 years old, and had many things wrong with his tired body. In about 15 minutes he was on his way to spending his eternity in Heaven.

This has been an extremely emotional week, and I am physically and mentally drained.

Jack Nelson was an awesome guy, and I loved him very much. He spent his life serving God, his country, and his family. In the 25 years that I had the privelage to know him, I have learned more than I could have ever hoped for from his example, and he leaves behind a legacy that is hard to comprehend. H

I took him fishing a couple times with my kids, but finaly he was too week to go any more. We had a crabbing adventure that was awesome, something he or my mohter in law had never experienced.

Jack and I had never really discussed our spirituallity. I feared for him not being reborn, and being faced with this ultimate moment. While he was still conscious (sp?) I asked him if he was afraid, and he shook his head no. This was a tremendous relief to me.

Thank you very much for letting me tell my story here, IFISHers are the best.

Love you, and miss you Jack,

PeterMac

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
I will pray that God will give you comfort in the comeing days
DAB

·
Registered
22,364 Posts
Thanks for posting the story and will pray that the Lord will comfort your family.

·
Registered
669 Posts
my family is praying for you also. God bless. :angel: he's not suffering any more. :angel1: Mike and family.

·
Registered
13,576 Posts
Hey I am sorry for you and your family’s loss I pray God will give you and your family comfort in this time. God bless Brother Ryan

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Sorry to hear the news :depressed: I'll pray for you and the family also!! :angel1:

-jokester

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all of you for the nice comments. Just an update, we had his service yesterday. We had many people come up and say that it was one of the best they had attended. He went out with full military honers, etc.

What a relief to have that behind us now. We'll miss him terribly, but as was said a couple times above, he is in a much better place now.

I look forward to fishing with a couple of the guys that responded to this thread on "Team Fish Tacos".

Thanks again for your prayers...

PeterMac

·
Registered
13,576 Posts
Hey Peter I two am looking forward to the 10th You and your famaly are still in my prayers. Now we just have to get jokester to shake the chickenpox :blush: rp

1 - 10 of 10 Posts