IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I launched at the dam on the wa. side at about 6:00am. Only 3 trailers in the lot, but sturgon bank guys parked all up and down the road along the river. one group trying to launch ahead of me on the one lane ramp. They could not get the boat off the the trailer because it was jamed up high on the trailer from almost hitting a deer on the way in. after about 10 min of trying they moved out of the way for me. I want down river to the shad rack area and dropped anchor next to a guide boat, Tom of bigulp guide service. He said I was was in the spot where Buzz Ransey cought 2 yesterday, so I felt like I was off to a good start. But ofcouse it was a "slow day" saw only about 5 fish cought. Everyone said it was "HOT" yesterday. That always the story. Yesterday was the day! Saw lots of close calls with anchoring
You need to have have your game together fool around in that water, the guide next to me (tom) said this is hardist spot to anchor on the columbia. I learned a lot and am ready to try agian.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hookem, thanks for the report. Sorry about the lack of catching ("fishing is fun, too, however.)

One question if you don't mind: what bottom depths were the SALMON fishermen fishing in at the Shad Rack? Thanks.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The shad rack is fairly shallow from what I have seen about 14' to 18' and there is a differnce in curret speed between 14 and 18.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts