IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was my daughters day and what a day it was!

We slept in this morning. Went to my sons soccer game which he won and scored 2 goals! Afterward my daughter said, “Daddy I want to go fishing and catch a big fish as big as the whole wide world.” So my wife, daughter and I hit the river at around 11 AM.

I asked my daughter to find us a good spot…

We saw a couple Ifishers out there that left just as we were getting there… shame, shame guys you know you should stay until that tide stops running!

Things were pretty slow to start. We sat for a couple of hours and my daughter Maddie took a nice nap. After she woke up we were still fishless and I decided to start the BBQ. Just then my wife starts yelling, “Shane… Shane… SHANE” Her rod was pounding. I set the hook and handed it off to her and the fight was on! This fish was a ripper, fighting upstream, down stream and dove to the bottom 3 times before coming to the net, a nice 29.6lb hen!

OK back to the BBQ, cheeseburgers in paradise. I had just finished my burger when my rod took a quick couple of dips then went slack then the tip just pulsed real slow; tap, tump, tap, tap, tap then thump… thump… thump… then the rod took a slow arch down to the water and the line started peeling off! I set the hook and it felt HUGE! I had my daughter jump up on the dog box and put the pole between her legs and told her to keep reeling no mater what. She was like the little train that could. She reeled, reeled, reeled, reeled and reeled. The fish fought, fought, fought and fought for about 5 minutes. She started talking trash then the fish jumped and my jaw hit the floor of the boat! This thing was a pig… no make that a friggen chrome pig! The fish took a couple runs and my daughter started trash talking it! “I’m going to get you!” “I’m going to eat you for dinner!” Another 5 minutes go by and my wife has to hold the bottom of the rod to help my daughter a while. Finally the fish rolls up and shows us it snow belly. I took a quick stab with the net because I knew my little angel could not take much more and we got this 38 lb beauty in the net!

As soon as that fish hit the floor my daughter says “Daddy I am so proud of myself I caught the biggest fish in the whole world” I think I may have been a little prouder!

Met Fish Hunter 2 at the take out and he was nice enough to snap this pic for us.

Here is one last one of Maddie and her catch. The fish is just as big as she is!

What a first fish for a 6 year old! I love you Maddie!

·
Premium Member
14,483 Posts
you have to be the proudest papa ever!! way to go!!

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Is there a spot you can't catch fish? :bowdown: Thats one heck of a fish your daughter got.
The one our wife got is no fry. Congarts on more fish.
Was that you I passed just below your normal spot? We ended the day with three from your honey whole. I will post the rest of the story later.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya it was Steve, I wondered why you did not stop and say hi! :tongue:

Glad you got some today... no bananas makes a diff! :cheers:

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
Awesome!

Your daughter is so dang cute! :smile:

Tell her all of ifish is so proud of her!

Not many girls her age can say they've caught a salmon that big~!

Jen

·
Registered
448 Posts
What a place, this ifish is, to have such awesome dads. Way to go 5-cents. I can tell you love her so bad it hurts. Like I said before in an earlier "my kid" post, you have given her something that money cannot buy. Read "priceless" and the memory of catching the fish with her dad will live on with hre forever.

Now Austin (my son) has GOT to catch a fish. (he is six also) My only problem is that my three year old want to catch one just as badly if not moreso than his brother.

·
Registered
366 Posts
OMG your little girl is a cutie :smile: . Reminded me of my daughter when she was that age,(dang now she's a nasty teenager, still cute though). Awesome job on the guiding this last week. Good job on getting your family involved as well. Your daughter will never forget this day. Congrats, you've got a lot to be thankful for and it's still another couple months til Thanksgiving.

:smile: :smile: GOOD JOB MADDIE :smile: :smile:

:grin: now get to bed, you must be tired! :grin:

·
Ray S.
921 Posts
Wow... Great story. Had to get our little second grader for a reading assignment, she loved your story and the pics too.
Keep gettin em skipper, great day!
Ray S.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Congrats to Maddie and Xtal great looking fish. We had to leave, the guy that Pat brought had to be in Salem at 2:00P.M. We left at 12:15, Idont think he made it!! :shrug:

·
Registered
821 Posts
You may just be 5 cents but that kid of your's has a $5,000,000 dollar smile. Great pictures but even greater memories for her and you. My hat is off to you :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Tim

1 - 20 of 37 Posts