IFish.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad came down this weekend for a little fishing trip. I had been looking all over for a place to go to find something for him to catch and I finally decided to fish around St Helens.

I staked out my fishing hole the weekend before and I decided I was going to be the first one there. I put in shortly after 6am and went up river. Anchored and proceeded to wait for the tide to change and something to happen. I figured I wasn't going to mess around and put on some of Maries Sticky sand shrimp scent and waited. Not too long afterward, we were just standing around talking and I saw the pole take a dive. Now my dad says I just about knocked him out of the boat to get to the pole, but I don't beleive him. :rolleyes:

I knew it had some weight to it, I even thought for a moment that I must have snagged a sturgeon or something. It was just hanging on the bottom. I pulled it up to the surface a got my first look at and I just about croaked. It was an absolute monster!!! I think it said the same thing when it saw me, cause it headed straight back down. We fought for 25 min, everytime it came up I thought for sure it was done, then back down it would go. I just kept at it and finally it was done. My dad and his buddy attempted to put it in the net and it wouldn't even fit. We were yelling at each other because it had managed to get somewhat hooked up on the swim platform and were afraid we were about to lose it. Thanks goodness it was tired too and calmly went into the net, I lifted one end of the net up and they lifted the other.

It was 42" 38lb buck. My biggest fish ever and my first one on my tag. We all had a great time.

RV10pilot

[ 09-29-2003, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Pete ]

·
Registered
869 Posts
Nice work rvPilot. I can't wait to get myself a biggin'!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Jeff,
That sure is a fine looking fish, it's good to see your getting the URB'S dailed in. That sticky shrimp scent of Marie's sure sounds like the ticket. Thanks for sharing your biggest ever Salmon picture with all of us. May you always catch big ones and lots of them.
God Bless

fearsnofish

[ 09-29-2003, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: kingofbacklash ]

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am certainly hooked on Salmon fishing. My wife is getting tired of going out every weekend. Me, well there are two days in a weekend and I figure they should be fishing days.

This is a great board, I have met so many great people and I have learned so much. Thanks to all for sharing knowledge and contributing to a great weekend.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Jeff way to go!!!!! :dance: Niceeeee Fish
just like an old pro. The new boat is a fish catching machine.

It's been too many years to count since I got one 30 pounds or better. You have done well this year.

Are you hooked yet?

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Gotta love the fresh new ink on the tag...especially a dandy fish like that one! :grin: Congratulations!! :cheers:

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
It's just you.... :grin: Shhhhhhhhhh :wink:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Well done! Beauty of a fish. Congratulations to you! :cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts