IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Day 1 was last Wednesday. Started trolling in the morning at Frenchmans. On board was me, fishinlady97140 and kenia. My pole goes down and this was the result.

So all the poles go back in the water and I said that the next time my pole goes down i wasn't gonna touch it as I wanted to fish all day(Ya Right!!)

My pole goes off again!!!
Fishinlady deals with it with this result.

So we continue to troll for awhile longer but no more action.
We anchor up but that spot is dead and we move above a line that has dropped several times.
I am now using a different pole but the same lure that caught the previous 2 fish.
My pole takes a dive again and kenia reels in!

So we contiue to fish with only 1 more fish, again on the same lure.

As you can see...the Northern Pike Minnow wanted to play with his bigger fishy friends so I whacked him and fed him to the Gulls...No Waste!!
That ended day 1. Thursday tried Frenchmans again but it was dead. We moved downriver and saw a line that was dropping so joined on the outside. Turns out we had the pleasure to be fishing alongside of ifish Jennie. We ended that day with 2 fish, a 10 + 20 lber(no pics).

Friday I had to install a new pump on my well so no fishing.

Saturday found me and my son back out on the river where we proceeded to boat 3 25lb fish (no pics), all on the same lure that produced so well on day 1.
However, while trying for fish # 4 to fill out my sons tag, one of the 3 fish he had on and lost swiped that lure. Bummer!
Sunday back out and a foreign exchange student (T-bor) from Hungary was with us along with Brandon, another of Jasons friends. It was a slow day...Jason landed a 25 inch nook that probably weighed 5 lbs. Then towards the days end a pole finally goes off and T-bor fights and boats a 12lbr. His biggest fish ever! He was shakin!!
It turns out that T-bor and Brandon brought BANANNAS on board my boat. It damn near shut us and the entire area down :smile:
So, for 4 days actual fishing we boated 10 salmon. Not bad for my boat.

Thanx fishinlady for the pics...I am going to have to get a camera!

Bob

[ 09-15-2003, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: fishuntr2 ]

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Great pic's, you picked a good week to take off!!

Does that mean I have to start fishing Brads lures for Pike Minnow? :grin:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Dude, that lure looks awefully familiar... I've seen it somewhere before... hmmmm.... does it smell like Anise oil? I better go check something. Okay I'm back. Nevermind. It's probably a good thing you lost that one. I haven't had much luck with that color. Nice fish dude! Trolling Alvins even, a tip of the hat to you Fishuntr2. It's going to rain tomorrow! See you on the river!

Oh and you need to get a cell phone before you buy a camera. That way you can call me from the river and torment me with fish tales.

-Bottomfeeder

·
Registered
190 Posts
Nice pics,
I was anchored next to a guy in a 60's glass boat with a new Merc four stroke on Sunday that pointed you guys out. Told us about your man from Hungary! Great job gettin him into some fish!

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Sounds like a great vacation!!! Congrats on the nice fish!!! :cheers:

Dipnet :grin:

·
Registered
190 Posts
BottomFeeder,
We were the ones with the 14 mo old, in the Starcraft. Nice ********* by the way! :grin: :grin:
See ya out there! :cheers:

[ 09-15-2003, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: Play'n Snooky ]

G

·
Awww...FWF1, this is what you heard all day. :laugh:

You got that device they used in "Men in Black" that blanks out memories? :grin:

[ 09-16-2003, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: ****** ]

·
Registered
543 Posts
A H-U-G-E thank you to Fishuntr2 and Kenia for sharing the day Wednesday -- and the FISH! I learned lots -- now my boat's 'properly equipped' with Lemon Joy and the correct flavor of toothpaste and tuffline on the reel :grin: I got some really weird looks from my son wanting to know why the soap, paste and toothbrush were onboard, but it got him into fish on Saturday :wink:

Thanks Bob...great day! Ya know where I am if ya need a third on the boat again :smile:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Like I always say....It might not help but it sure don't hurt :grin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts