IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Good People!

It was opening day evening hunt. We were set up on one of my favorite cuts waiting for the elk to feed out. We had been set up for about an hour when i caught something flicker in the timber. I pulled up the binos and to my surprise it was the buck i had been scouting preseason. The conditions were perfect had the wind and as most of you can remember we had a slight rain that day. I knew i had a good chance at making this stalk. To make the semi short story shorter I riped my Bowtech comander out of the bow sling knocked up my full metal jacket with muzzy 4 blade ready to shread, and got on my way. I closed the distance to 30 yards as he feed on a fern patch. Thunk! double lung pass through. The buck ran 30 yards and was dead within a minute of the shot. Those muzzy 4 blades are bad! Here's some pics!

set up and waiting

Checking out blood soaked arrow

Loaded up on the HawkeyeBilt and ready to pedal out!

Not a bad coastal blacktail!

Good Luck Hunting! We got some rain coming next week!:clap:

Michael Hawkins

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
man you are having an outstanding year! Congrats Hawkeye.... those are two incredible animals you have taken! :cheers:

From the land of Big Sticks,

Osulogger

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Congrats on the nice buck.
The first set of photos are without a flash seem to be letterboxxed like they are 16x9. Are those frame grabs from the Canon XH-A1 you own???

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Thats AWESOME!! Nice buck, and congrats on catching the action on film too. I know how hard it is to do that. Excellent!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats on the nice buck.
The first set of photos are without a flash seem to be letterboxxed like they are 16x9. Are those frame grabs from the Canon XH-A1 you own???
hello lor,

yes they are grabs from my xha1 kind of makes for a bad picture i know...But it sure looks good on FILM!!!:)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice buck!!! Hard to hold out for late season when ya see one's like that!! Congrats!

oh
ty Oregonhunter!

I know i love my late southern oregon deer season! If he had been any smaller i would of held off.......I filmed this buck in preseason and told myself that is the one buck that could destory my late season blacktail hunt. As fate would have it i'm taged out! Looks like i'll be filming The rest of my hunting year...Maybe i'll bag a cat or bear?:help: But i am a happy hunter to say the least!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Niiiiiiiiiice buck-congrats and thanks for sharing once again. Your stories and pictures are always awesome!!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Wow! Great job again. Thats a nice buck. You definetely have some amazing hunting grounds. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Very nice buck!!:bowdown::bowdown:Looks like you've had a great season so far. Congratulations!

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
That is a great looking blacktail. I hope to one day get a buck in the velvet. Looks like all that scouting paid off. I can't wait to see how you do next year.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good job on a great looking blacktail! If he was taken in the Saddle Mt. Unit, he's better than great.:cheers:
Thanks all for the kind words!

Yes mr OR Coast Range it was takin in the saddle mountain unit. These North West coastal blacktails are a lot different then the ones you see down south. I mean a 4x4 around these parts are very hard to come by. I'm sure you know. This is one of the nicest if not the nicest blacktail i have seen in the saddle mountain unit alive. You can't really compare these bucks around here to the ones down south as far as size goes. I know they are both hard as hell to get close to. God blessed me and gave me perfect conditions to harvest this one!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts