IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out fishing for the 1st time for Halibut with Charlton Deep Sea Charter and landed my very 1st Halibut. We left at 3:45am on the 2nd day of Halibut fishing season last Friday and went 20 miles out from the mouth and in 500 feet of ocean. We had 9 paid passenger about the Ruby Sea and several deck hands and were able to land our 1st within an hour and by 12:30 the Ruby Sea had its limit. It was a great experience. I think I'll have to do it again. Check out my 40 pounder and which tasted very good. :dance:

Check out the boat load of Halibut. It was fun watching all of the Halibut being caught.

And get this, I had FM2 over for some Deep fried Beer Batter Halibut and he ate it. He never eats fish, but this halibut was too good and he enjoyed every bite. :tongue:

[ 05-08-2003, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: fishn4fun ]

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Congrats! :cheers: Looks like fun. I have never caught a halibut. it has something to do with my propensity for puking in the ocean and the thought of spending 12 hours out there.??? :shrug: One of these days....

RF

·
Registered
641 Posts
Great pics and congratulations. Nothing like fresh halibut :cheers:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Oh man them are some nice looking fish! I can't wait. Am getting the bug again :grin:

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
FM2 eats fish, mark it on the calendar. The story I get, is that he doesn't eat fish he just likes to catch them. It must have been awsome to get him to eat it.

Jet~~~

·
Registered
873 Posts
It will take half the potatoes Idaho can produce to make enough chips to cover all that Halibut. Nice pictures and thanks.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Dramamine and Sunscreen :dance: What could be better!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts