IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm headed over to Missoula to visit a friend over Labor Day weekend. What are some of things I must do and see while I'm there? The only thing I know I have to see is the RMEF visitor's center. I'm quite excited about that.

· Registered
5,621 Posts
I'm headed over to Missoula to visit a friend over Labor Day weekend. What are some of things I must do and see while I'm there? The only thing I know I have to see is the RMEF visitor's center. I'm quite excited about that.
The RMEF was pretty cool. are you driving over to Missoula? if so stop in lewiston and get an Effie burger. BEST HAMBURGER EVER and I am not exaggerating. Don't try the sushimi tuna dish at the brew pub. They do not understand sushimi.

The river front is cool, so was the water park Splash Montana. fun water park and nice scenery.

My visit was colored by not having a car (watch for deer going over Lola pass) and having my 2 young kids.

EK

· Registered
1,047 Posts
There's fires burning on all sides of Missoula, so depending on the weather and wind you could have a lot of smoke.:(

· Registered
4,962 Posts
Well, if you're a young, single guy I'd highly recommend the old downtown area. There was a place that served great wood fire pizza and a few cowboy bars around where the "buckel bunnies" make for some rather nice viewing! The university will be back in session, could be fun.

Been dang hot, lots of the streams have closures due to temps. But throw a fly rod in just in case.

· Registered
17,248 Posts
My visit was colored by not having a car (watch for deer going over Lola pass) and having my 2 young kids.

EK
Sounds like you tagged the 4-point I JUST missed! Even got it all on video!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.