IFish.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else planning to go to the Oregon Hunter's Association habitat restoration project at Murderer's Creek this weekend? Want to meet up :cheers:? I'll be in a big (15x18) wall tent I won at the local banquet :dance:! (I'll probably have it up for sale as well, with 1/2 the money going to OHA, since I don't have much need for such a monstrosity... doesn't fit in my backpack very well)

Steve Seeger

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
If you don't sell the tent, let me know what you would like to have for it. I may be interested in buying it from you!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Steve
The tent is probably a little big for me as well. But I don't backpack so I might be interested any way . Let me know after the trip. :cheers:

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
John Crafton told me that 350 folks were expected. The OBH convention is this weekend so that were I am going to be. The ODFW is supposed to give a panel discussion on the future of bowhunting. Should be interesting to see the response. They issue 1400 cows tags for the Ochoco this year and want to make bow hunting draw because of declining elk pops, ***-

·
Registered
480 Posts
Just got back from another fun and successful year at Murderers Creek. 15,000 plants in the ground by 1:30 :applause:. It amazes me every year. I heard the final count was 335 volunteers. Purely amazing that people come from all over the state to help with this. It's a great place to meet other hunters, and to make new connections. Xfdmazqgwu sorry I didn't read your post befor I left, but I was the guy with my 3 yo son, Hunter. I don't know if it was you and your wife that I was talking to at dinner on Saturday or not, but I had good conversation with a couple from the Mid Valley chapter.

Any ways thankyou for all that came :cheers:, and for those that didn't make it we've got another five years of it schedueled. It's alot of fun.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know if it was you and your wife that I was talking to at dinner on Saturday or not, but I had good conversation with a couple from the Mid Valley chapter.
I'm single, so it wasn't me! It might have been Donny, our chapter president, & his wife Billie. I was the guy in his mid 20s (ok, actually 27, but everyone kept thinking I was younger) wearing a Seclusion 3D Blaze orange cap, with the ear flaps down when it was cold.

For the people interested in the tent, the guy I drove out with said his brother might want it, so I'm waiting to hear back from him. I really liked staying in it, but getting 730 square feet of damp canvas dried out in my 1 bedroom apartment, & then hauling it outside by myself to roll it up again, helped convince me to stick with something a little smaller. Once I get it sold, I'm thinking of getting one of these. That way I'm at least sticking with the spirt of the prize.

Steve Seeger

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Just got a report from Home on Week-end, both my boys two of my Grandkids and 4 close friends made it and really had fun, was glad to hear it was a fun time. Will try and make it next year. Keep it up OHA ..........Ray :yay:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts