IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a trip down the Multnomah Channel the other day and was amazed at how many Coho I saw, jumping, splashing and swirling the water. But talking to locals, nobody has any luck catching these guys.

So there is a ton of fish in the channel, but how do you catch these fish when ordinary methods don't work?? Or do you??

·
Registered
10,519 Posts
I suspect water temperature is an issue. What we use on the Snohomish up here when the fish are kegged like that is a very small dick nite, either the smallest or second smallest size, 5 foot 8lb test leader, and a clear jet diver to get it down. Troll that slowly through the fish and see what happens. It can be deadly up here.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
AndyCoho, I have been threatening to head over to the Willamette and try the same method i use on the late run Coho i get in the Columbia.. simple..Wiggle warts :grin: Go at a good clip and get that wart down...I think i'll run over there next weekend because nobody is on the Willamette fishing for those silver bullets. If i get out..i'll post results.

MrDorkfish

Louis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts