IFish.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading out camping this weekend at Mt. Adams, and would like to know about any good fishing spots. Only half of our group will fly-fishing so info on regular would be preferred

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Goose lake is fantastic fishing. I think there's a topic posted about a week ago on the topic. There's lots of good tips on fishing the lake in there. Good luck.

·
Registered
12,166 Posts
There are a few small lakes scattered around up on the mountain. I don't remember the names, but they are in the indian heaven wilderness area. mostly cuts, small likely, but lots of fun.
Enjoy!
GBS

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
If you happen to go through Trout Lake on the way up there, stop at the ranger station. They have a free flyer of several pages called "Lakes and Waterfalls" It has a map and lists all the lakes in the area,size,elev.,species,location,access rds,regs-motors/electric only, etc. Good info.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Takalak (I can't spell this one) lake is excellent for small brookies, this lake has the very best view of any lake I have ever been too, truly beautiful. Ollalie has some nice browns and cut throat, and Council (if you have a tube) is excellent for cut throat. The one lake I have yet to try, but hear is real good for big browns, is Horseshoe lake.

This is what has worked great for me in the past.
Takalak = size 14 gnat, mosquito, or adams.
Ollalie = good ole worm.
Council = Black wooly bugger on sinking line.

Good luck and post a report when you get back, I'd like to head up there about the middle of august.

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info, I guess will be at Takalakh? Lake. We have 2 canoes, so we should be fairly mobile.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts