IFish.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started my day early like usual... One take-down that didn't stick, Decided to troll for a few hours as the tide was coming in and current was slow.. not a bump. As it got ready to run out again i decided to anchor up in my "secret" spot :smile: I had on a Simon with blue stickers you use on spinner blades...looked nice... Drank lots of coffee this morning and had to ..well you know..pretty bad.. :shocked: Of course that's when it happend... one of those violent take-down thingys :grin: I ended up setting the hook with my pants half down and put the pole in the holder so i could zip things up...Got the fish...and didn't spill anything :laugh: Had a nice chat with Smily a little later in the day...Nice to see you again Andy.

Wow..lots of room for a 16ft boat :tongue:

MrDorkfish

Louis

[ 10-03-2003, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: Mrdorkfish ]

·
Registered
10,812 Posts
I see you continue to break that new boat in right! I think you could use some blood on those seats though :grin: Congrats! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Nice feesh
:wink: and a very nice boat!

Just let me look at the river and I'll be fine.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Hi Louis,
Always a pleasure to run in to you out there on the river. I still can't get over how big and clean your boat is. Looked very roomy like you said for a 16'. We did a couple more passes after you left and that was it for us. No nothing. It seemed like we were the last ones on the river and it was only 6:30. Anyway still fun to get out with the daughter and fish none the less. :cheers: Also nice chromer!!! :grin:

:smile: Smily :smile:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Mr Dorkfish. Nice catch. i must say though that "your secret spot" will no longer be secret thanks to the pic. :wink: And from the way things look -- you are right next to my secret spot. :laugh: and hopefully I see you there soon. still like your ride too.

Cartman
:cheers:

·
Registered
16,803 Posts
Wow! Bright! That fish is out-shined by the boat. Looks like you may have to change your name to Mrclean or Mrbriteboat.

Seriously, glad your catch rate is still up there in the new boat (Hewe's isn't it?)

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hit the river today round 6:15...not many out, not even a netter..think they are out till Sunday... bout 9:15 i'm layin on the floor bettween the seats...I got a good eye on that rod...Ahhhh, just relaxing :sleep: :shocked: Yep..take-down...good one too :grin: line-stripping rod pounding..... Makes a great run and comes right at me :shrug: Thought i done lost it...anyway...scooped it up. Mark...It wouldn't be any fun if it happened while staring at the tip...Mr. ******...i alway put a spinner on after i catch a fish...i'm trying...cartman..don't worry bout that spot..they always take a look but don't believe they can catch a fish that shallow...we're safe...GaryK.. Yes...that would be a Hewes.. :grin:

Fishing is fun :tongue:

Mrdorkfish

Louis

[ 10-03-2003, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: Mrdorkfish ]

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
wait a minute, you just changed your shirt and took another picture!

:cheers:

Nice fish!

EK

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
EK....I'm sure it's been done by some..but the Extra ten pounds and the size of the tail shows the difference :grin: There were Six fish caught within eyesight...Six boats including me..that is some good odds..More boats..More fish :shrug: Better get out there :wink:

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
was just kidding! the photos are almost identical

[ 10-03-2003, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: El-Kabong ]

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Nice Fish Mrdorkfish! Both of them. Been having way too much fun with that new boat of yours.

Congrats!

Steve :cheers:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
EK, I know you were kidding.. That's gonna be the pic seat for a while...so be ready...Steve..i'm getting much pleasure from my new pleasure(Hewes) craft...The wife suggested that we have grilled salmon for dinner..i said :shrug: Uh...ok :smile: She doesn't really have too much a taste for Salmon so I remember my bro telling me about his daughter only eating Salmon with this Teriyake glaze on it..so
I was kinda in a hurry but came up with that. The kid had chicken strips..so we ate it all ourselves :dance:

Head'n out Sunday Afternoon....Stay out of my spot :tongue:

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Hey Louis...Remeber the pic I posted of the eight fish a while back??

We hooked just about every one of 'em while I was er... uh....well...you know what.

Regardless...my guests were keeping my liquid intake at a max to keep things happening.

Good job...

Like we say in my boat..."You can't catch 'em if you aint out there..."

Mark

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Louis -- Wow. :cheers: And look at all those empty seats. :rolleyes: Glad to hear you are still getting 'em. We will be have some more of mine from our last trip on the BBQ this evening.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jim... Thursday and Friday i lined myself up in the spot :tongue: It payed off, This afternoon i took out n.w.transplant..the tide was running out late so we didn't anchor fish much..trolled warts but nutt'n happened... Enjoyed fish'n with you Dave :smile: Tonight the wife and I had some deep fried in that Louisiana Fish Fry mix.. :cheers: Yummie Stuff.

MrDorkfish

Louis

1 - 18 of 18 Posts