IFish.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know everyone is crowded in Drano, but is anyone hitting the mouth of the Klick yet? I've seen a few posts on the Deschutes, but with little response.

We've been absolutely slaughtering the steelies on the Klick itself, with a few people knocking salmon now. I want a change of scene, but don't want to drive to "no-fish" land either.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Talking to the fish counting lady at the Deschutes, the mouth has been slow for Salmon/Sth. considering the amount of boats. 12 fish counted Sunday for prox. 40 boats. Thats all I know.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
fished out front of the deschutes yesterday(monday) from 730 till 1 no fish for me....not a bump and saw approx. 6 fish caught for around 3 dozen boats.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Hey Rola 76....

Here's what I've heard. Lots of fishers markin' lots of fish at the mouth of the Klick and Deschutes, not too many caught. Water temp hasn't dropped much. We need some cooler nights.

Fished above the JD dam last Thursday with a buddy, and he put one in the box. A little 10lb. URB on a silver K14. Also fished yesterday, and got zip..... Still markin' lots of fish, but my "theory" is, until the water temp drops abit they'll continue to head east at a high rate of speed....

I've got a couple of wetsider buddies coming in tonight, and we'll try it again above the dam tomorrow and Friday, and Saturday..... When faced with fishless days, the only option is more days on the river..... :wink:

Good luck..... Tim

·
Registered
147 Posts
rola
try the klick inside or the john day :grin:
draino had 8-12 rigs today not much action the water temp is about the same as the big river and thats no good damnpainter is right on about the fish headed for hanford and the snake thay want that cooler water ask fear no fish how hes doing its only a 100 mi to the next damn :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I finished up @ Drano last friday and started the Klick on saturday.... I think wetonwhite is right about the water temp being close to the same.....from what I've seen you need @ least a 3 degree difference or more(w/ Drano being cooler)to pull in those upriver bound fish.

URB & steelhead fishing was very good for us on trolled spinners up till we had that rain 2 weeks ago, then it got slower every day after. :depressed:

The mouth of the Klick is holding some fish, but the jiggers have it all plugged up, with no open trolling lanes in less than 50' of water.

With some cooler weather, looks for the URB and coho bite to improve....... :cheers:

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
Sunday was slooow. We were one of the lucky ones.

Showed the fish something other than a plug. A Flash and something. :rolleyes: :grin:

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I had to check it out for myself!! Fished mouth of the Klick, but like Rapid Robert said, the "jigger/snagger" guys had it plugged up. By the way, nice to meet ya Robert!! Two takedowns in the mouth, that's it.

Picked up at noon and hit Drano, finally whacked a 35lb. bright nook around 5pm :dance: Took it on a Mag Wart.

I've gotta add to the snagger thing though...got to witness a boat of snaggers boat 9 fish, and then have the nerve to basically mock me because I only caught 1 fish!! What losers :mad: I'd rather take 1 legit fish home rather than 9 butt-hooked fish. Here's what I don't get...why pay $30k for a sled to snag fish?

Anyway, thanks for the reports everyone, I appreciate it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts