IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given the fact that the White River is pumping out some glacial silt, I'm wondering how trolling is right now off the mouth. I've seen in years past that most people are trolling the CR seam (clear water now). Has anybody been making the effort lately? We've planned a trip for Tue/Wed this week; planned on fishing both the D and the CR but it looks as if the CR may be our only option with the fluctuating visability on the D. Any reports or suggestions???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Let me know how you do, please. I'm headed up there Sunday evening for four days of fishing off the mouth in the morning and then biking upriver in the evening -- provided the White River stops pumping silt into the river.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Went to the mouth of the Deschutes Wednesday late afternoon. The river appears to be clearing a little. I'm guessing visability at 2 to 4 feet. Picked up an A run tossing spinners.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
went trolling out front of the deschutes yesterday (friday) dark till 1:30pm had one on than it spit the hook :mad: good fish too, saw approx. 50 boats and witnessed about 10 fish caught, all salmon that I could tell. most trolling in both mag and wiggle wart size hot tigers (most) and fire tigers, other. went to the bench this morning got my two silvers before 9 one went 16 the other 8lbs......why do I even bother taking the boat out? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Fished the mouth of the Deshutes for the last couple of weeks. I had real good luck. 40# Salmon. We were trolling and jigging. I'll be up there again the 22, 23, 24.My problem is I dont have a boat to troll with now. Is there anyone out there that has a open seat for one of those days? I could show you how I got my fish. If not, stop by and say "Hi", I'll be in site B47 all three days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts