IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any friday or saturday reports at the mouth of the Cowlitz ? Sure would appreciate the input before we make the big trip ?

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
SSSSLLLLLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW, not many fish this weekend. The nooks were few and far between 2-4/day for 20 boats and about the same for the steelhead. Hope it pickes up this week.

·
Registered
539 Posts
REAL SLOW....Fished a "known slot" saturday morning. Son boated a clipped 18 lb nook and another boat caught a small steelie. One boat above us landed a salmon. That was it, 3 fish caught that we could see. It can only get better.

·
Registered
12,293 Posts
I spent the last 5 days there and I've NEVER seen it this SLOW this time of year!!! The "good" fishing areas have filled in and the area has changed so much there are only a couple of "slots" that produce and THEY were slow.

I've been fishing it for years, but this year I'm goin' "exploring" for a good shelf for Alvins.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I believe the water temperture needs to be cooler before the fishing will be better. Probably about the middle of September the water will start to turn cooler and more fish will start up the river. Water temperature is 70 degrees plus and that is to warm for Salmon. Maybe bass fishing or warm water fish would like it. It should be really good around the 1st of October for salmon at the Cowlitz.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts