IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im headed down in the morning just wondering what would be better, if anyone has gone recently and what they are biting, thanx.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
I don't know, but I'll find out today! A buddy and myself will be near the mouth of the Kalama. It's fairly new water to me, I've been there once, last year about this time.

Stop by and say hello if you see a 17' Smoker with two black motors in or around 15-18 feet of water.

Smj

·
Registered
638 Posts
Ifish4u, Smj, how was it?

I'm heading that way this weekend. Cowlitz or Kalama? Steelhead or Salmon? How did you do and did you see many fish on other boats?

Thanks, -Steve

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
H&H...HA...Went to the mouth of the Kalama. Got there just before sunup and got a great spot with about five other boats. There was plenty of current to work a spinner or flatfish but the wind was so bad it was blowing the boat almost sideways and our lines were getting tangled if we didn't put out together. OH... Then there was the weeds! I could of fished the Camas area for weeds.

We wussed out after two and a half hours of that, and, seeing no fish caught. We came back to our home waters and ended up getting a steelhead around noon on a nickle Flash-Glo in 20' of water.

The mouth of the Kalama looks like such a great place to get fish BUT, you are at the mercy of the winds and the tides there. If I lived closer I would figure the place out better, but for me I just don't like driving that far to be meserable and not catch fish, when I can do that CLOSE to home!

I hear the Cowlitz is somewhat protected from the summer winds although tides must still be a factor. Perhaps some others who are more in the know about that area will respond here for you, I'm more in tune with the Gov. Is. to Camas area.

Good Luck H&H!

Smj

1 - 5 of 5 Posts