IFish.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the mouth of the Clackamas after work Thursday. Stopped by Fisherman's to pick up a couple of plugs to troll and was informed by the knowledgeable sales staff member that it was too early for silvers.:shrug: My 8 yr-old son came with me. He's been pestering me to take him on the Willamette...telling me that we have better luck catching fish there (this after I tired him out on shad this Spring), since we've had no luck on the Columbia so far. Well, he tied into an 8 lb Silver and fought his first salmon to the boat. He kept begging me to take the rod cause the fish was putting up quite a fight...but he got the job done. A hot pink wiggle wart was the ticket for this one.

Couldn't get him to hold his fish for the picture.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,293 Posts
Yeah, it's definitely too early to be fishing for silvers. :smirk: Way to go fellas!

ps: you can get a really big caribiner (clippie thingie) at Harbor Freight for a buck that makes a great handle for those guests who don't care for touching their fish.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Way to early in the season, so what you see here is a miracle!

·
Registered
13,576 Posts
Very nice sounds like you got the boy hooked for sure! rp

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Thats a great first Salmon!
Way to make a report of your own, and not trust the old reports laying around.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Great job on the fish. :cheers: Looks yummy!:food:
Just goes to show that sometimes it's better to go out for yourself and get your own fishing report:grin:

BTW-Great report!

·
Registered
6,538 Posts
Great job, nice fish!!!

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Nice job on getting the little guy into a salmon.

It is a little early so it's probably better they said it was slow than told you it was red hot.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ps: you can get a really big caribiner (clippie thingie) at Harbor Freight for a buck that makes a great handle for those guests who don't care for touching their fish.
Ampersat, thanks for the tip...picked one up yesterday. Next time you'll see the strain on his face as he hefts his own fish for the picture. I think we fished next to each other at the mouth of the Sandy a couple of weeks ago...camo'd boat? My daughter and I were in the white, 19' NR next to you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts