IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,148 Posts
Gee...let's see 4 straight days of 40K or better over the dam... steelhead starting to fly as well...
natives can't get em all. What do you think? How many people you want to fish with? :wink:

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
I heard it was milked out just like the Deschutes and the Sandy billowing white all over the Columbia too.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fished the main river yesterday from Slide-In to Icehouse and the river was in great shape, maybe almost too clear. We got one wild steelie about 5 lbs and one 52lb nook!!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
We fished the mouth of the Klickitat on Saturday ... and I stress the word "FISH" as there were a few others trolling or casting but the majority of guys there were jigging which I guess is the Northwest word for SNAGGING. Saw alot of Chinooks caught that were turned, some really monsters (45lb or bigger) but they were dark, hooked nosed ... and very few were netted with a hook in the mouth. Saw about a dozen Up River Brights caught, they were taken mostly on trolled spinners or K-fish w/wraps.
We launched out of Mayer State Park, bit shallow to get out in the Columbia but was impressed with the courtesy of the other fishermen launching there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts