IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be fishing the mouth of the Deschutes for the first time. What are some good plugs and colors to try. I understand there is some Jigging action aswell. Is jigging an acceptable methode to fish or is it frowned on.

Thanks

suckerfish

·
Registered
64 Posts
Lundman and I will be there the 12th. Look for the Lund Boat and two sorry looking guys, with Ifish hats! Yesterday, I saw every color known to man, but the guys with the fish tied to there boats had the fire tigers, and Flo-orange. Saw some blue foxes and other spinner combo's also. I didn't see anybody jigging, yet. At first light, you could almost walk accross the boats from one side to the other. Should calm down tomorrow, good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
544 Posts
We just got back from the Deschutes after spending 8 days at the mouth camping. We slayed the steelies on the island. Use corkies and pitch michael jackson wiggle warts for the island. Fire tiger and green butted michael jacksons were working well for us out in the columbia. Saw alot of big chinook caught so be prepared for the salmon. We spent the afternoons on the beach swimming at the mouth having a great time.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
If you are in a boat take wiggle warts( mag warts go tooo deep and will get you snagged on the bottom) in hot tiger, fire tiger, michael jackson colors...hot tiger is probably #1 color to use, go with 12lb. test.... for jigging 20lb test. If you are jigging a 2 ounce in glow in the dark is color #1 followed by herring color.....IMHO.

[ 09-02-2003, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: dampainter ]

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. This will get me fishing. I will be fishing from a boat. I will be there Wendsday of next week in a red boat.

Again thanks for the help.

suckerfish

1 - 6 of 6 Posts