IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the CR slowing down a bit and 18,000 chinooks going over the dam in one day I was wondering if anyone has a report on this fishery? I did very well trolling up there last year :wink: .

"My blood runs with fish blood."~ Chief Geronimo

·
Registered
147 Posts
m4f
if you did ok last year its more of the same. top water is 71 main stream 66 100 yds inside trolling may be a pain with all the bait boys but as it gets colder thay seem to go away then let the night action start :grin:

wow

·
Ray S.
921 Posts
Check out the post from Rapid Robert on 9-1. It isn't exactly where you were asking about but it might help.
Good luck
Ray

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wonw-
The guys useing bait, are you talking about the the people fishing under and up from the bridge? I like to fish outside were the jiggers are. I troll bait wrapped kwickfish.

Oops rained last night windows were down :depressed:

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
if you are talking "the bench", I was there this morning and back home by 9:30am with my limit.....will post a picture for you all in a while.
(throwing home made spinners)

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could you see how the boats were doing? Did you
limit on salmon or steelies?

Is it ok to fish for food and not work?

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
two 15lb salmon, the boats were snagging ...I mean catching the heck out of them. ( a phone call to WDFG has been made on the guy in a little white with blue boat, a pea green little aluminum and three "gentlemen" in a little klamath.)....blatant snagging at it`s finest.

[ 09-08-2003, 07:21 AM: Message edited by: dampainter ]

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are they doing the legal snag thing again?
They just dont understand those fish grag very well just got to know how to do it. Thanks for the report sounds like its time to get up there before they get to dark. :shocked:

Can I fish for food and not work? :grin:

·
Registered
13,642 Posts
Originally posted by dampainter:
and three "gentlemen" in a little klamath.)....blatant snagging at it`s finest.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Yup, those guys are out there almost daily....watcha wanna bet even getting a multitude of fines and tickets won't stop them?? Take the boat, all the rods and gear, and ban them from all fishing for 1 year...if caught again, banned for life!

TR

·
Registered
317 Posts
Keep the phone calls going to the authorities. I talked to a game officer today and he said they are watching a few select boats very closely and hope to do something soon. There is talk of arrests and confiscation of boats, etc. I know for a fact that one group was caught red-handed last year and didn't learn their lesson with just a fine.
FF

1 - 10 of 10 Posts