IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been a great year for cutties and i have been taking full advantage of it. Lots of bigger fish over 16 inches this year as well :)

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
what are the little black things on that one fish?

Glad your net floats, too!

great lookin fish!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Those are nice looking fish with some good size to them (especially the last one). I wish we had a fishery, like what the Sound provides, here in the Portland area.

I have always found sea-lice a little creepy though.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the 2nd to last is actually the biggest one i posted but the picture is poor. I did also get one 24" fish the other day when i was out by myself but the picture doesnt do the fish justice at all and its a tough angle.
i sure do love cutties though :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Nice fish man!! Do you guys troll flys or cast for them? Nice work -FF

·
Registered
857 Posts
My outlaws (in-laws to some:flowered:) live in Gig Harbor. Keep wanting to throw the rod in when we visit....but they always seem to have the whole day/weekend planned for us when we go up:(. Maybe I will get lucky some day.

Ras

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ras- There are some great opportunities down there. July-sept are best but i have got some great fish the past week as well. let me know if you want to sneak out sometime when you are up this way...

FF- All casting.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yesterday's monster cutt... this is a big un

·
Registered
440 Posts
Those pictures don't do that fish justice. :bowdown: First of all, D3Smartie is really tall (seriously) and the angle was really bad (sorry, I was the photographer). That fish was impressive.

I was fortunate enough to spend the afternoon on D3Smartie's boat casting for sea-run cuts. I was really impressed by the area and very jealous Dave gets to fish that whenever he wants. If could cast like David and used the flies he recommended more, perhaps l wouldn't have been skunked.

Thanks for letting me tag along!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Those are some nice fish. Ive seen them before cruising shallows off the Nisqually or up by solo point but never thought of catching them. my youngest son is trying to learn to flyfish so not sure if I should show your pics to him as he will be wanting to go...

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lance- You are welcome to come out anytime you are up here. We'll find some better fishing i hope than what you saw. That was suprisingly poor.

·
Registered
16,802 Posts
Thanks for posting that big one...I believe that's the biggest true SRC ever posted on IFish....well done! Nice C&R net too - good technique!!

·
Fly Fisher
2,161 Posts
If could cast like David and used the flies he recommended more, perhaps l wouldn't have been skunked.
Dave was probably using the Outbound line he won in last year's summer steelhead competition!

Looks about the size of a small steelhead! Bet it put up a great fight in salt water.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Andy- i was using that outbound. It is a great line for the salt. And that was a great fish. one of my best ever.

gary- the net is a Fisknat and it is just a beautiful and functional piece of art. great craftsmanship and far superior to any net i have ever used.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Beautiful fish! I've been slowly exploring the public beaches in the sound every time I head up to visit my parents. Your photos remind me I need to speed the process up.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
t.c.- let me know if you are up this way and want to explore some beaches or just talk about how to go about finding cutties. they are a great fish.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I may be up that way in Bremerton over Thanksgiving, does the fishing hold up that long, or will they be moving into the rivers to spawn?

I'll be bringing my squid gear, just wondering if it would be worth the time to toss a fly too...

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
there will likely still be a few fish in the salt. it is worth a shot.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts