IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My impression is that pretty much everything in the system has moved up with just a few stragglers here and there in the Dodge Park area. And that is without any blow out rains.

We've only fished the Sandy 2 previous years. Last year it seemed things were kind of done by mid October but the year before went right on through to the 31st.

So, you who have fished it forever, can we expect some more fish this year or are we done until steelhead season?

·
Registered
327 Posts
From the results of my last trip up there, I'd say it's over and you might as well just stay home.

p.s. Could you leave out your digital camera tonight? I have some photos I'd like to take this week... :laugh:

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
I have an unsubstantiated report of Redbull being in the Dodge area over the weekend. He refuses to call and tell me the extent of his damage.

But I think he was trying to catch a famous Sandy River Pueter Boot to try out a modified version of the Tule recipe on. He doesn't have a compost bin, but I heard him say something about the neighbor's utility trailer that is filled with yard debris...

Joby? Got a report, Joby?

:grin: :grin: :grin:

[ 10-13-2003, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: Hogmaster ]

·
Registered
74 Posts
Silvers? What silvers? Everytime I fish with Chuckdog, everyone is skunked or banks 1 fish compared to Chuckdog's 3-5. WD-40? %$#@!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Ok - my quick report is this.

I fished Saturday for 2 hours and went 1 for 2. Landed a beautifully cripy, bright native coho hen. I fished opposite the park and upstream about 100 yards from the bridge in a great looking slot. I was VERY snaggy, but both fish were hooked on Rocket red corky and white yarn with stink.

On Sunday I went about a mile upstream and did a lot of hiking with no success. The water looked great but I struck out. NADA, ZIPPO, ZILCH. Man this sucked. Talk about rain. WOW!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Tule, swiss and chedda!
Blend it all togedda!
For a creamy cheese that spreads with ease!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sure we could get one or two if we went. What I am really interested in is anyone's opinion, and why, as to whether there are substantial numbers of fish still to come.

So answer the pickin' question someone!!!!

PS. Anyone know a good place for late season Tules? I'm fresh out of spread!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Well, since you asked, if ya feel like driving to Boniville Dam; and if you can handle crouds, Tanner creek opens on thursday. It is primarily a bobber show and it promises to be productive.
:dance:

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh my no, please, please, no. I wasn't serious about the Tule thing. Just want to know about Silver prospects on the Sandy. Forget the whole sarcasm thing about Tules please!

·
Registered
13,978 Posts
Wootersen,

The dog knows for a fact that Redbull's favorite scent is " Animal Cracker Extract".

Maybe this post should be renamed " Sailor Slaughters Sandy Silvers".

Just a thought.

Mark and the extract lab drool dog.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yo Fisho!
How many fish did you mouth hook and not land last trip?

Reminder: LEAVE OUT MY DIGITAL CAMERA FOR CHUCKDOG TO USE ALONG WITH MY FISHING GEAR I WON'T BE USING SINCE I'LL BE ON IFISH ASKING WHERE THE SILVERS ARE.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts