IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nutty cat Simba is a mono eating machine!
I don't know what's in the line that makes him love it so, but he'll follow down to my fishing room and while I'm tying flies of making lures he'll just chomp away like it's his last supper! More than a few times I've been rigging up a rod and notice the line near the real is toast! It has'nt killed him yet, and I've learned to be more diligent about keeping him away. Anyone else's kitty do this??

·
Registered
909 Posts
I had a cat that a two foot long string off a post roast. Hilarity ensued in a couple of days . I will leave the rest up to your imagenation. But he was freaked out for awhile with that strange thing following him everywhere. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
10,842 Posts
:laugh: Mono eating cat...that's funny! We had a boxer when I was younger that ate 2 chocolate cakes. We bought a couple of cakes from the store and set them on the freezer to do something, forgetting about them. We usually left the dog in the garage when we went somewhere so she wouldn't eat the couch :grin: or any other furniture. Well, a little bit later we went somewhere and left her in the garage with the cakes on the freezer still the bag. Needless to say, she didn't eat the couch, but when we returned she had scarfed BOTH of the cakes! :laugh: We called the vet and he said to watch her for the next few days. They didn't hurt her a bit!! Animals are funny like that!

·
Premium Member
14,399 Posts
cats acting goofy?? never heard of it.

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
Mine will chew on mono like any other string, yarn, milk carton pull-tab, etc. But I've gotten it away from them before they ate any outright. Very dangerous. Simba has been very lucky.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep, scares me. It can twist up the intestines and they can bleed internally. Been pretty lucky.
just wondered what's in it that tastes so good. He gets on it quicked than his cat food. Maybe he needs therapy, or I do........

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I've seen a dog unwrap a whole box of unopened twinkies, and eat every last one leaving the wrappers in a nice pile?! Who knows what they're thinking?

·
Premium Member
14,399 Posts
MMMmmm... twinkies!

·
Registered
13,576 Posts
You think that’s bad my cat will eat any line string and Guest in our house feet We have to have a sign on our door warning people about the cat he will launch at people and seriously attack them even if i answer the door you can hear him in the back hissing and making a deep growling noise. :mad: And never leave smelt on the counter for any amount of time!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Tie a #2 spin n glo on a scrath post with mono and youll have a happy cat.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Never had a cat eat anything funny but I did drop a stocker trout last year and my yellow lab swallowed it whole and wigglin. I had to call the emergency vet hospital to see if it was ok which it was. It was hilarious, I was trying to pull the half swalled fish out and he was trying to swallow. Needless to say he won and I am now a little more careful with the "little" ones.
SB

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
My cat spanky loves to chew on anything plastic..and if it is noisy plastic..even more.

MrDorkfish

Louis

1 - 15 of 15 Posts