IFish.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why does our licsens money go to the general fund and not to the fisheries?, things would be so much better for our fisheries then it is now , we would be close to washinton state . why does our ODFW have to be so screwed up?

Also I am starting a petition to do something with the gillnetters, more info to come.
I need your help!

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Time was when the hatcheries would harvest and sell the excess fish, the monies would return to the hatcheries (Washington). Now the money goes to the general fund. :depressed:

I have been told that that some hatcheries would be self sufficient running as a profit center.

:smile:

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Fish on

First of all it is spelled “license”.

Second, none of the monies that are generated from license sales, either hunting or fishing, go into the general fund in Oregon. As a matter of fact, general fund monies to the tune of $15.85 million comes from the tax payers of Oregon that make up the $216 million total budget for ODFW.

This is your assigned reading for this week:
http://www.dfw.state.or.us/ODFWhtml/testimony_042103.pdf

Along with funding it has a lot of information about what ODFW is and how it functions within the state administration.

I expect your report by Monday

·
Banned
7,726 Posts

There you go again, spoiling all the fun with facts! :hoboy: :grin:

Thanks for spreading the truth. :smile:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK *** , where is the money going then since it doesnt go into the general fund? its obviously not going to the fisheries.We should have enough money from all the sportsmen and fishermen to support our hatcheries. The money is going somewhere other than our fisheries.

About the report, im not doing it maybe you should do it instead and do some real investigation to where the money is going.
ODFW is one BIG screw up in some ways.

The other thing , I would like to have some people stand with me and start a petition to do something about the gillnetters. Our springer season is in stake along with our fisheries next yr.

*** sorry about mispelled words.

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,162 Posts
Here is where the money goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts