IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the site SteelHeader.net I have copied this quote:
"Kwik fish come rigged with two triple hooks. The center hook should be remove and replaced with a bead chain swivel between hook and plug hook eye. This will help prevent hook pull outs when the Salmon rolls up in the line twists causing the back hook to work against the front hook. Also replace the triple hooks with large sized quality hooks that are sticky sharp."
What length bead chain are they talking about, and how can I keep it from fouling the back treble and other nastiness? Adding a 1 1/4 inch bead chain just sounds like the length would introduce trouble. Also, what is wrong or inferior with the treble that comes standard on the Kwikfish? Gamakatsu trebles in the 2/0 size are $7 for 5 and they look identical to what is already on the lure. Does anyone know what brand of treble is standard on the Kwikfish K16? Thanks guys and good fishing!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Do a search for kwikfish there is a TON !! of info on them and its all right here on i-fish.
Bob :grin:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Bumble,

Dont worry about adding the beadchain... I have tried it and did not like the action. If you want more hookups add a large split ring to each hook, now you have two and then replace the stock hooks with Owner Cutting Points. :cool: If you want to extend more you can add a barell swivle between the split rings but I think this extends the hooks too far! :shrug:

K-13 2
K-14 1
K-15 1/0
K-16 2/0

Hey but what do I know I've only caught a couple springers on Kwikies! :wink: :grin:

·
Registered
784 Posts
The only modification I'm really sold on is to remove the treble hook from the tail and add a good quality barrel/ball bearing swivel and siwash hook to the existing split ring.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Ive heard of guys using the bead chain rig with Mag Warts but not on Kwikies... :shrug:

I use 2 split rings on the belly and a Sampo barrel with split rings on the tail and only use Owner trebs. Set the drag loose as it allows the fish to turn with it quikly and lay the hammer when the line is screaming! Has greatly increased our landing ratio while anchored.

Jfool :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts