IFish Fishing Forum banner
61 - 80 of 100 Posts

· Registered
16,784 Posts
Rainy, windy, cool autumn day today speaks to bump this recipe to the top..........

Just put one in the slow cooker for dinner tonight........

· Registered
Salt water addict
5,153 Posts
My daughter made the pot roast OMG it is so Awsome. She made.gravey and put it over mashed potatoes ! I'm starting my diet tomorrow. Incredible meal
You won't disappointed on this one.

· Registered
16,784 Posts
Looks good! We got the ingredients, but chuck roast was a bit pricey. Gonna wait for a sale to stock up. Hey, do your crock pots boil all day on low? Not sure mine is working right.
We had ours set for an 8 hour cook Saturday which would be the next to lowest setting on ours (12 hour being the lowest setting). I think by mid afternoon after about 6 hours of cooking time it was at a small boil (bubbles along the edge). If you think yours is malfunctioning I've noticed them on sale all over lately. Feddie's even has a 20% off housewares coupon I noticed in this last weekends paper that could save some extra............

No house should be without a slow cooker..............:D

· Registered
2,789 Posts
I did a MPR yesterday. I got the idea to add approximately 1/2 bottle of Kikkoman original Teriyaki. You just may want to try it next time. Helped with flavor as if it needed it but most noteworthy was how moist the roast turned out. Here it is just about 4 am and I'm already thinking about whats for lunch today.

· Registered
16,722 Posts
I have a meal's worth vacuum packed in the freezer from the last one, just in case I have a Mississippi Roast attack. Been thinking this would also be great served on a home-made Kaiser roll as a French dip sammich.
I just realized I have been through two moves and a divorce since Mark posted this recipe. Thank gosh some things can always be counted on.

:(

· Banned
19,962 Posts
I put one in the crockpot this morning, a big piece of rump off that old bull I kilt this year. I added boiled new potatoes and carrots, along with a can of cream of mushroom soup. Hold the jalapeños. Dinner tonight!

P

· Registered
17,248 Posts
I did the Blacktailed deer neck roast using this recipe and it turned out great! Pretty much got all the meat off the bone and if I had went another hour it probably would have shredded really easy. I did add the 2 cups of Au jus sauce. I was probably 7 hours of cook time, half of it on high, I knew I had to push it to get done in time. I also cut some slits and stuffed the top of the roast with sliced garlic. Made gravy out of the Au jus and drippings, man it was great on the mashed potatoes!!!!

My Father-in-law was pretty skeptical when I said I was cooking a neck roast, he doesn't have much for teeth, but he loved it, you could cut it with your fork.

· Registered
1,693 Posts
I did a 2 pound rump roast. ‘‘Twas awesome. The only deviation I did from the recipe was used waxed banana peppers instead of peperinchini (sp?). A little salty but otherwise excellent.
Made quesadillas with it but I could see using it for burritos, over rice, with pasta...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2,789 Posts
We've made this several times since I first read it nearly 3 years ago. Not once has it failed to produce a great meal. Had guests over this past week and they ended up wanting the recipe. Kind of one of those go too never fail recipes. Only thing that could influence outcome is bad meat or the crock pot poops out mid way through and you don't notice.

· Registered
16,784 Posts
Did a 6# roast today......

Along with our usual modifications of homemade onion soup mix and minced garlic, this time I added some thinly sliced shallots. It was awesome as usual......

· Registered
2,516 Posts
All right, I'm trying this for the weekend. I didn't know they still made those ranch dressing dry packages!
I usually steer clear of recipes that call for adding soup mix (even though it was a staple of my mom's kitchen) but this looks too good.
I do a slow cooker just about every Sunday. That way even if the Seahawks lose I still eat well.

61 - 80 of 100 Posts