IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Flatlander
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you just arrived at your zipperlip location and break out the rods, miles from the boat ramp. You and your buddies commence to fishing...Uh Oh :shocked: , you reach in each pocket finding only lint, double check,,,yep still lint. You know have come to the realization that you left your fishing license and tags at home!! Oh man, oh man what do you do now :whazzup: .

[ 04-12-2003, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: Gus Orviston ]

·
Registered
10,554 Posts
I would absolutely fish and keep anything I would otherwise keep. I might get ticketed, but I have paid my dues, and I am not going to stop fishing because I made a clerical error. And I doubt the fine would stick in court.

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
a month ago I had this very same thing happen and was fishing alone :blush:
(Arg). 30 mins later wdfw shows up...
Hows it goin he asks..Good-Panicky
What cha fishin for..Salmon and steelhead-Sweating
What cha using...Spin-glo and sandshrimp-Sweating
Well good luck...Whew!!! Pack it up and go home! thank-you..thank-you..thank-you. Next time I watch from the cheap seats or head home. And I put license in cab of truck!
:blush:

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Gus,

I'm with Hilton.

I did that the other day. I'd probably add I'd be a good boy scout and put it on my tag when I got home though most likley one of the fishing buds would tag and keep the fish.

Brion

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I think I'm to Paranoid to fish with out Liscens and Tags. I've been almost to McIver Park and Chinook Landing and forgot my liscens at home on Mt. Scott. Turned around to go get'em. A ticket would destroy me finacialy durring the winter. Can you get duplicates and keep a set in your vest and Boat?

[ 04-10-2003, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: Corkie Monster ]

·
Registered
13,282 Posts
Gus, nice to be your entertainment :wink:

I admit I forgot my license a few weeks ago and didnt realize it until the day was almost over. I made the mistake of telling Gus. :hoboy:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I can tell you they don't go easy in Washington if you forget your license....

My sister was out with me when a few sheriffs snuck up on us on Jet-ski's. They asked to show our licenses, and everyone but Julie showed... She really thought she had it in a tot-bag, but it was not there.

They gave her a ticket and told her to take her license to court with her. She did, and they still fined her somewhere around $50!

·
Banned
51 Posts
its like this..... if you are man enough to break the law knowingly...then be man enough to admit it..and take the consequences.

·
Banned
37,111 Posts
I can never keep track of a license. I have the license for the wrong state (luckily, on the Columbia where either would work), hunting instead of fishing, you name it. More than once I have had to stop and get a replacement en route. :whazzup: :shrug:

Now I keep my license in the boat, both states. :grin:

·
Registered
786 Posts
First hand experience speaking.
I had this happen to me, and I always carry my license in my wallet. When stopped and asked to see it, I fumbled around and could not find it, period. I had purchased it, but somehow it did not get in my wallet.
They gave me a ticket. I went to court to fight it knowing that I was ok and could prove I had a license. I went, and provided the proof.
The DA said the law is you "MUST" have it in your possession, while fishing, or else! I didn't, so I was guilty. Expensive lesson....won't happen again.
Fine $50

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Always carry your license in your purse, which goes into your backpack! Sheesh!
:tongue:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Don't want my number going in the "black book". If I know about it, you just turned it into a spectator sport. I keep mine and the wifes in the tackle box. We usually don't forget that.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
From the results of the poll I'd say there are a bunch of outlaws
fishin' these here waters!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

-assAssin-

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
happend to me last week, sort of. I live in corvallis. I suspected on my drive to portland that my license was in my fly vest. I was going to the columbia to fish for springers. I did not want to hook and land my first big fish, have it be a hatchery then be faced with a big fat ticket. I stopped at GIjoes and bought a duplicate. 12 bucks. Ouch but I felt much better about it. Happens to me every year. Just not all that together like Keta whom it never happens to. I wonder if I could take a photo copy of my drivers license, harvest card and fishing license and keep it as a back up next year? Just wishfull thinking, it makes to much sense.

·
Premium Member
14,488 Posts
i have to say i was a little disappointed with the results of the poll. however, i have to agree with toyn: if you do it, be prepared to step up and pay the consequences.

i'm super paranoid about my tags. i might get there without some gear or have forgotten the rod i really wanted to fish that day, but the license makes it on every trip (so far).

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Originally posted by fish assassin:
From the results of the poll I'd say there are a bunch of outlaws
fishin' these here waters!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

-assAssin-
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Agreed, however, it's no surprise if you've been paying attention lately.....

You can and will get popped if you don't have it on you. Period. If that's OK by you, fine. No grousing when it actually happens though...

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
This is pretty simple for me. I keep my license in my wallet. If I don't have my fishing license, I also don't have my drivers license, cash, etc... I don't leave home without it.

Most of those I fish with regularly are always up for change and are flexible so if one can't fish then we adjust to still have a great day out doing other things if necessary.

You got to roll with the waves.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
For this very reason- it's always in the boat. Real bummer if I wanted to go out with someone else though. Wait.... Now that I think about it....Nobody ever asks ME to go out with THEM! :blush:
:wink:

1 - 20 of 89 Posts