IFish.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 40 thrust Minn Kota went out of commision this weekend and I'am looking to upgrade to the 55lb Transom mount maxxum series you can look at it HERE they also make this motor in a 55bt for back trolling. I was wondering if anyone uses this motor and how it works for you this is going on a drift boat and will be used for mainly back trolling holding the boat steady as we side drift so the oar'er gets a little more fishing time in. If you own a Back troller in this model I was wondering if I can get any info. on the good and bad of this motor. I tried reverse'ing the handle on my 40 and it did work gave me more power in reverse but it was hard to get used to. Any info. on this motor if your a user would be apprecieted as always thanks for your help...

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
GotFish,

The slickest gizmo I've seen since the TR1 is this transom mounted electric trolling motor that Jack Glass has on his boat.

It power telescopes up and down to deploy.

And the handle, you move it about 45 degrees (which is about all there is room for between the kicker and the big motor) and the shaft rotates 360 degrees.

I thought it was a Minn-Kota.

Brion

1 - 5 of 5 Posts