IFish.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I were yesterday given (yes given) a 2005 Ford F250 4x4 with a 5.4 L gas engine. :) It was my wifes dad's rig, and has set since he passed away in February, and yesterday the wife's mom gave it too us - way cool! Does anyone have any experience with what kind of mileage we should expect? Grama thought it was getting about 12 MPG, but wasnt sure - I'm hoping it will do at least a little better than that, but for the price, who's complaining... Now I have the rig to pull a bigger boat, got to start working towards to boat to fit the rig:smash: Anyhow, anyone have any input about what is reasonable mileage to expect?

·
King Lingcod
49,089 Posts
I have a 04 with a 36 gal tank, city driving I get about 400 to 500 miles a tank. On the highway, I get over 600 miles a tank.

Sorry I did not pay attention to the F250, mine is a F150

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Seems about 12-14 is the norm in that truck. Just a heads up, your probably liable to pay income tax on that "gift". Might want to check into it as tax season is just around the corner.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. Weekender, appreciate the input, but I've done a little accounting... The FMV is below 24,000, which is within the 12000 per person allowable gift without incurring gift tax..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts