IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the Bonnie.dam counts picking up for Chinook, so has the sucess @ Drano lake.
Our sucess has come while trolling spinners and plugs off downriggers on this MidColumbia Trib.

Along with the URB's(Up River Brights) we are now boating some nice "B" run steelhead 14#-18#....never thought we'd get out of those 6#-8# "A" run nates and brats. :grin:

Here's a peek @ whats working for use off the downriggers....been runnning plugs down 10'-15' and spinners 12'-18'

I still have some peak days open (weekday & weekend) for URB's and "B" run steelhead on these hot combo trips....want to learn how to use downriggers? I just don't fish, I teach...you just don't catch , you learn. :cheers:

[ 09-01-2003, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Rapid Robert ]

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Robert, Great pictures and nice fish to boot. Have they improved the boat ramp at Drano yet? That's all that keeps me fishing somewhere else.

Someday I will give up on the coho and start fishing for the URBS. No confidence though.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Looks like fun. Great photos. I remember loosing my biggest B run steelie ever at the boat, fly fishing Drano about 10 years ago. Hook just pulled free after 30 minutes. Serious involuntary R rated language spewed from my face for a few minutes.

Drano rocks on warm low water years like this.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Great pictures Bob! That's just what I've been using, I wonder where I got that tackle info though (hint-hint) :wink: Astoria was really good to us on Labor Day, so we're heading back tonight for the weekend. Thanks again for all the advice.

·
Registered
17,225 Posts
Wow, beautful fish.
That post ought to fill out your remaining open dates. Thanks for the lure pics too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts