IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
41,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have read some stuff, appears to have value. I'm certainly one of those who could benefit if it actually works. Any personal anecdotal opinions?

Have never had the slightest interest in LSD or Shrooms but this sounds more than interesting.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I’ve heard really good things; a guy I respect (2 engineering degrees, all-around nice guy) and have taken in the ocean fishin several times is an advocate. In fact he gave me some to try, I’m just remember that this moment! Too funny. Just a couple grams of dried ones, but I guess that’s a big supply in the microdosing realm.

I had a major head injury 11 years ago that put me through the wringer and gave ol’ wired-to-be-happy me a real window into anxiety, OCD behaviors, depression, and I guess just plain mental illness. Shiver me timbers. About 14 months in, I was doing cognitive testing/rehab at a clinic in Eugene, with psychologists, and I must’ve mentioned being spun out in addition to all the impairments we were working on documenting and hopefully even fixing. They said, you know, you could just “talk to a psychologist!” as part of all this stuff if I wanted to, so I was like heck yeah! It’s easier to feel like that when you’ve been broken by the outside world, I concede, the lack of stigma I mean.... anyway, I described what I was going through and he didn’t even hesitate, said I had PTSD symptoms (it was a fatal car wreck that I still cannot remember).

I’m always really careful to say that I’m not claiming PTSD, just that I was told I had the symptoms. To me, that term is more reserved for people who’ve really been through it, combat vets, abuse survivors, and so on. I just got whacked on the head. But at a minimum, I just might have some clue what PTSD is like, and it’s a freaking miserable horror show, don’t ever let anyone say differently. That is no way to live.

So that’s all a very long-winded way of saying that I’ve heard really good things, and having been in the bad place a bit myself, if it might help why the heck NOT give it a try?

I guess to establish a bit more bona-fides on the subject I’ll say back in the day we might’ve macro-dosed a few times on them. 😗 They aren’t gonna hurt you. They are a plant (sort of), not some human concoction. Your body will know what to do with a little of that in its system.

Now if you were talking MACRO dosing, I’d sing a different tune. I’m personally a bit skeered of that at this late date. That can be pretty intense. You’d want a good guide, at a minimum. Try micro-dosing first. Rather than how I probably did it- a big mouthful at a Rush concert in the late 70’s! 🤪 Yeah, no, don’t do that.

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
What not to do with the magic mushroom:
1) Drink beer all day at Bill's Tavern in Cannon Beach
2) Get in the back of a panel van at midnight bound for Eugene.
3) Take a double shot of magic mushroom.
4) Try to read Moby Dick and Ethan Frome by flashlight in preparation for your final FINAL exam of your college career.
5) Open the back van door and throw both books onto Highway 26 around the Sunset Rest Area,
6) Get to the final exam with your graduation dependent on the result of the exam. Look ill. Buy the books for a second time. :rolleyes:
Thank you, Professor Merritt Cross, for letting me take the final a couple days later. One time mushroom experience in June of 1971.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
What not to do with the magic mushroom:
1) Drink beer all day at Bill's Tavern in Cannon Beach
2) Get in the back of a panel van at midnight bound for Eugene.
3) Take a double shot of magic mushroom.
4) Try to read Moby Dick and Ethan Frome by flashlight in preparation for your final FINAL exam of your college career.
5) Open the back van door and throw both books onto Highway 26 around the Sunset Rest Area,
6) Get to the final exam with your graduation dependent on the result of the exam. Look ill. Buy the books for a second time. :rolleyes:
Thank you, Professor Merritt Cross, for letting me take the final a couple days later. One time mushroom experience in June of 1971.
Sounds like you didn't do enough.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Never micro dosed them. Took to many ONE time, and had a less than fun experience. After talking with people I did everything wrong though. Was in a vehicle for an extended time, around a lot of people who weren't doing them, and that I didn't know. It takes a bit, so don't keep hammering down if you think it's not kicking in... lol

• Haha
Reactions: Whethole

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
There are two schools of thought.

Start macro dosing and stepping down to find your personal sweet spot.
Or
Start micro dosing and work your way up to your sweet spot.

I had too much to dream last night

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I’ve had 2 experiences with mushrooms. One was a night I’ll look back in for the rest of my life and smile. Took just enough and had an awesome evening w/ a gal. The other experience was a debacle. Took way to much w/ a lot of my immediate family while rafting on the deschutes river. Thought the FBI was after me when a black svu went by the porta-potty I was in. I preceded to hunker down and lock myself in said porta-potty for about 45 mins. It was about 100* at the time.

The second experience probably ruined them for me.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
You need azurescens .I might not know the spelling correct but they grow in Astoria region and boy do they work...thanks to marine whose a staple of social srcurity beach in Astoria. One needs to be very careful with them. Small ..very small dose...yep...you'll be smilin...wide

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Why Psychedelic Drugs May Become a Key Treatment for PTSD and Depression

Yes, they have value that needs to be researched farther.
I know a few people that micro dose. They believe it helps them immensely.

A few friends have spent time with shamans in Central America. They claimed it helped them with their depression. From how they explained it, it sounded way to intense for me.

The Las Vegas strip is a lot more fun on a hand full of shrooms.......☺:giggle::alien:o_O:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

The only thing I didn't like about mushrooms was the stomach ache. It passed after an hour or so.

It's been over 25 years since I've done any psychedelics. Crazy things you do, when you're young dumb and full .. ... .......................................🍄

·
Registered
41,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the humor. Thought it might start something like that, a chance I took. Be aware, I am serious.

The actual dose is quite small. Some folks get results with 2 mg but there's a much higher positive response @ 3 mg. Three mg is just strong enough to know you took something. A recreational dose is 20 mg or more. I wouldn't want to take anything where the actual dose is unknown.

Blue Shark: Read that or something like it quite a while back. Before micro dosing was tested. I think in the study mentioned, the patient receives a recreational dose, the reason they are monitored.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts