IFish.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So have I jumped the gun for yet another year hitting the metro rivers in december? I have fished all the metro rivers and have yet to see a fish caught, anyone want to share some luck with me? So should I just wait till February?
SB

·
Premium Member
14,293 Posts
A few folks have hooked a few fish on the local rivers. Chances are, these guys worked their usual haunts, places they know to hold fish when the fish are in. If you're just poking around, then good luck to you. So far, no big news to report on either of them. Calm those shaky hands. They're on their way.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Jumping the gun for the most part I'd say my friend. Should have been on the coast or SW Washington streams in Decmeber and then hit the inland rivers later.

There's been some fish caught around here but my money has been on the coast.

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Did get one out of Eagle cr today below bonnie lure right in the thick of some downed trees right at my feet.Bobber and jig.Have a friend that has picked up a few in the clack this past week below riverside.
R.R.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
David, how much longer to you think the coastal run is going to be worth fishing? I have only limited experience with a couple of coast streams, I guess I am just intimidated by all the people fishing over there. It would be a bummer to drive over and not be able to find a decent hole to fish. My work schedule is kind of hit and miss with this cold weather, sprinkler pipe is just to darned cold this time of year!!! :grin: I have been getting some unexpected time off recently so maybe I should take a trip west.
SB

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
The coast will fish well through march and april with lots of natives.I.ve had some awesome days with limits in Feb.
R.R.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
R.R. I got one as well at the bridge at Bonnie Luhr on a "gee honey, lets go look at the water - I wont even get out of the truck" stop with the wife and kids - 3rd cast. On a pink and white jig casted in front of the second no trespassing sign on the far bank above the bridge. 10 poundish native. (another buck) I let him go, made another dozen casts, and left.

UG

·
Registered
893 Posts
Originally posted by Uglygreen:
R.R. I got one as well at the bridge at Bonnie Luhr on a "gee honey, lets go look at the water - I wont even get out of the truck" stop with the wife and kids - 3rd cast. On a pink and white jig casted in front of the second no trespassing sign on the far bank above the bridge. 10 poundish native. (another buck) I let him go, made another dozen casts, and left.

UG
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Nobody can accuse you of zipperlip syndrome :cool:

·
Registered
882 Posts
There are fish in the rivers around here, just not as many as on the coastal rivers, but I believe that is going to change once the rivers recide after this storm. I have been hitting fish in the same old spots as years past especially when the water has been high. In my opinion its just like when the Clack was loaded with fish summer before last get out and get your line wet and find holes that hold fish and youll catch them, just because everybody and there mother are catching wads of fish in the Wilson doesnt mean there are no fish in the metro area. A dry hook doesnt catch fish, get your line wet and bend your rod! :grin:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have been fishing my rear off the last two weeks, 6 trips and not a single fish turned. I am fishing my usual spots that regularly produce well for me. I know 6 trips isn't alot compared to some of the die hards on this board but its all I have time for. I have been focusing on the sandy as of late which is a change for me, I am a clackamas system freak. Maybe thats why I haven't nailed any fish yet, its always nice to learn something new though. I fished the dodge park area a couple times and for all the effort there was no catching going on. I guess I am just gonna have to break out of my shell and hit the coast till the clack and sandy fish show. Let me know when you start hitting fish regularly here.
SB

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
The difference in the two area's is thousands in a coastal river and hundreds in an inland river that's twice the size as one of the coastal rivers. Sure, there are fish, but there are places with more fish.

I move inland when there are more fish in those systems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts