IFish.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like they issued 550 tags (139-rifle) in 2006, and there were 1,648 first choice applicants. Is there some kind of formula you can use to figure out how many points it would take to draw for the Metolius unit?

I will only have one point next year, so I don’t think that will work. I’d like to head east next year, but I think I’m going to just hope I draw my 2nd or 3rd choice (first will still be Metolius just in case I get lucky) and save points till I have enough.

I usually just hunt the west side, so I’m a bit of a green-horn with the points. I’ve only hunted the east side twice, Northside once for deer and Snake R. for spring bear, but I drew on my first try for both.

Thanks!:Christmas:
Paul

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
buy the percentage tags book and it will tell you what unit will give you the best odds with 1 point here is the 2007 info from ODFW for metolious 554 tags 1884 applications:

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/resource..._hunts/reports/2007_points_summary_report.pdf

1 point - 19.5%
2 points - 100%

If you want to draw your second choice make sure you are putting in for a hunt that has less applicants than tag numbers or look in the book and they are all listed in there, the new book should be out in stores soon.

·
Super Moderator
21,475 Posts
For your 2nd choice you can only draw Hood River unit for east side buck. All other units get drawn from 1st choice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts