IFish Fishing Forum banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
I seems she was responding to some Haters, whose posts you did not include.
Context is everything.

She does mention she's filling tags, and I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that these are legally taken animals. And it seems they're being butchered and utilized.
It was her boyfriend responding he was responsible for killing the deer. They are allowed to party hunt. People were attacking him because he has killed multiple big buck in one season. The pictures of the pile of deer were from his facebook account. He was also using a spotlight. I wish I had all of the pictures and comments.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
It was her boyfriend responding he was responsible for killing the deer. They are allowed to party hunt. People were attacking him because he has killed multiple big buck in one season. The pictures of the pile of deer were from his facebook account. He was also using a spotlight. I wish I had all of the pictures and comments.
Maybe forward that post on to PETA, US Humane Society, and the like. Let them turn their direction to that bloodbath.

They had no problem going after coyote derbies.

·
Registered
11,138 Posts
Maybe forward that post on to PETA, US Humane Society, and the like. Let them turn their direction to that bloodbath.

They had no problem going after coyote derbies.
Not the appropriate target group for them..

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Reel fortunate

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Kaseyfield, I don't disagree that there are problems with all races of hunters in this state, but you are complaining about natives harvesting in August, November, and December? Have you taken a look at the regulations to see the number of hunts/tags odfw offers during those months?

Hunters are legally hunting elk from August 1st, even july in a couple of cases, through march of the next year. Lets clean up our own house before we go after others.

Scoutdog
Mike Morris
We are not killing big bucks in the middle of the night... except the poachers

Kasey

·
Registered
862 Posts
Shared with me recently, from WS Tribal Regs: Bag and Possession Limits A tribal hunter may harvest only as many of a big game animal species as he or she has legal tags in possession. Bag Limit: For deer and elk general seasons bag limit is (1) per season per season within the reservation. Off-reservation hunting is unlimited.

·
Registered
11,138 Posts
Shared with me recently, from WS Tribal Regs: Bag and Possession Limits A tribal hunter may harvest only as many of a big game animal species as he or she has legal tags in possession. Bag Limit: For deer and elk general seasons bag limit is (1) per season per season within the reservation. Off-reservation hunting is unlimited.
Well that seems sustainable..

It's been sustainable in the klamath and Sprague units as well as pretty much every ne unit when it comes to deer..

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Off reservation on seeded ground.. they cannot just hunt NF... thats where the BS is. But im done qrgueing about a topic that worthless... its not just indians.. we suck at a million things animal related

Kasey

·
Registered
16,792 Posts
Metolious unit is at 54% of M.O. it is time to shut down some hunts. ODF&W can only control our harvest and that is the only tool in the tool chest. Big bucks need to be on the landscape, I believe that is the missing link to our Mule deer current situation.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Tag soup…. He tried on a couple o 150-160’s the last few days but didnt work out…

·
Registered
Salt water addict
4,238 Posts
Dang! It ain't what it once was. I had it in 2017 and found it tough for one of the Elites. The numbers were just not there from previous years.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I agree with everything above. So few big bucks now. Still a slight chance for a dandy though. View attachment 967858 This guy's gross was 190 and I an nearly positive he would be in the unit right now but he was shot a little on the other side of the PCT during rifle.
View attachment 967860
View attachment 967859
I took these in mid December last year in the unit. Hadn't seen bucks like these in a long time though. Spending the amount of time I do in this unit, I would definitely shoot a 160.
Hey that’s one of my best buddies haha. Killer buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 88 Posts