IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy has the late metolious bow tag… hes been over there since the start. Biggest so far has been about a 160”. He had 21 points for the tag. Any suggestions or places to check?

·
Registered
485 Posts
I agree with everything above. So few big bucks now. Still a slight chance for a dandy though.
Plant Plant community Elk Wood Branch
This guy's gross was 190 and I an nearly positive he would be in the unit right now but he was shot a little on the other side of the PCT during rifle.
Photograph Elk Deer Natural material Fawn

Head Eye Deer Elk Fawn

I took these in mid December last year in the unit. Hadn't seen bucks like these in a long time though. Spending the amount of time I do in this unit, I would definitely shoot a 160.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
The rut will taper off before you know it and the big boys will evaporate. Thanksgiving weekend was definantly not as good for me the two times I have had the tag. There is a fine line before things get tougher I know that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
All you guys love talking crap about tribal members hunting this unit, but in reality the whole damn ODFW and state Fish & Game don’t really do **** for poachers. I see more NON-Members poaching then I do natives so keep your BS to yourselves. In the End the tribes will always have our hunting rights all in oregon wether or not you like it or not. Have a Great Turkey Day because I don’t celebrate it!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I’m sorry but many of you “natives” are no more native than me
Iron Eyes Cody is the classic example
Why don’t you tell the Red haired blue eyes natives shooting Big horn sheep to stop bragging on Facebook, not a good look for the real Natives
Don’t get me wrong, I’m 100% for natives keeping there traditional hunting and fishing
But when I go out to Umatilla and see drunk natives shooting whitetail deer along the river with spot lights it doesn’t sit well
You should be mad at your brothers for not respecting your traditional rights

1 - 20 of 74 Posts