IFish.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently received an email with some pictures from Andy's nephew, Randy, in Iraq...

First some background (and shameless bragging): A few months ago, Randy was awarded the Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal for going above and beyond the call of duty. He took it upon himself to devise and build shields for gunners. Seems that the enemy (including kids) had a habit of lobbing grenades into gun turrets. Randy gave up hours upon hours of sleep to custom design, cut and weld these shields for all of the vehicles in his company (about 30). See first photo below. He is credited with saving the lives of many soldiers. Other companies have adopted his design, hopefully saving the lives of many more to come.

We are very proud of this young man! (emphasis on YOUNG! - Look at that baby-face!)

Randy in the gun turret

Randy placed a caption under this one: "notice that the one in the middle is trying to act all hard but has a red
lollypop! This is some of my squad right before we went out on patrol"

Thanks Randy! Come home safe!

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Randy, you and your fellow soldiers are the greatest!!! Thank you for doing what takes the bravest of mankind to do.:applause::applause::applause:
You are all heroes in my book and household! Keep up the good work, come home soon & safely.

Let's go fishing!!!!!!!:dance:

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Please pass on this message from me to him.

"Thank You for your service and dedication."

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Good job, those men make us proud. There is more than one way to save many lives and heartbreak. Great intitiative on the protection shields.

·
Registered
10,030 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Randy Thank you and your fellow soldiers for the service to our country

I'm sure the rest of your fellow soldiers are very thankful for your efforts....

Hope to see you on the river real soon

God Bless and Take Care

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
How thankful we are for Randy and all of those who risk their lives each day protecting our nation.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Come home safe Randy. We are so very proud of you. We miss you.

Andy.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Randy: Thank you so much for giving up your life to protect the lives of us and our families...I will keep you in my prayers and please come home safe......:angel1:

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Having a son over in Iraq, it's good to know that there are soldiers like Randy helping to make them all a bit safer. May God bless all the men and women serving and those who have served. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Bob

·
Banned
5,459 Posts
Thanks Randy,

It is folks like you that make me proud to be an American.

Thanks for your hard work and dedication.

Todd Tennyson

·
Registered
598 Posts
Thanks Randy. You volunteer and go to war the ultimate sacrifice for our country. You have a seat on my boat anytime you want it. You are AWESOME. :angel::applause::applause::applause::applause::dance::dance::meme::meme::dancingman:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts