IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We was at yale for a cpl hours saturday and a cpl sunday and only got a few on sunday, nothing to brag about.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Just thought I'd contribute with a report.

The ********* bite is hot at Merwin right now.

Unfortunately the water skiiers and wave-runners seem to have put the Kokanee off the bite.

We trolled 5 hours yesterday and only hooked 1 koke (longline release). I talked to 1 guy who was the first on the lake at 5:30 and got 3 and one other boat had 1. There were a lot of dissapointed fisherman in the other boats. I had heard that limits were the rule the past several weeks, but something changed that, and I have a feeling it was the party/pleasure boats.

Anyone know if Yale is faring any better?

·
Registered
94 Posts
A friend of mine has a cabin at Lake Merwin and he just bought a small boat to take his twin boys (five years old) out fishing from time to time. Anyway, he knows that I like to fish and he has asked me numerous times about fishing for Kokes on the lake. I have told him that I would try to find out, but that he should try to ask some of the regular fishermen. Would anyone out there be willing to share a few secrets that I could pass on to my buddy. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
We usually troll wedding ring spinners with white corn. We usually use like Ford Fenders or somthing similar as an attractant. Using a depth finder, we try to figure out how deep the fish are, but that last time we went, they were in the 20' area. We trolled from the Speeliai (SP??) boat launch down to about the Rock Creek area. Honestly don't know if this was the best area or not. We usually look and see where the boats are concentrated, because there are usually some people that fish it a lot more then me and know where the fish are biting at!! :cheers:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
from mid june on I've done well at about 46' feet with the downriggers. Wedding rings in both red and green, small flo. apex. also. Troll SLOW, and make S turns. Tip the lure with anise soaked white corn. Use snubbers also. No downriggers, troll an 8 oz. keel sinker at about 30 pulls, but experimet with the pulls till you fin the active depth.
GBS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts