IFish.net banner

441 - 456 of 456 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Tues fishing from what i saw followed December's pattern, bite is mostly over by 9:30.
East of the bay, I landed a bright one using Arrow rainbow dodger and a tiny red spin n glo with bloody tuna corn 140 ft back with 1/2 oz weight.
When i left at 2, there were probably 30 trailers still on the lot, so I'm guessing it was slow for many. Marked kokanee from 10 to 20 on the ff. No takers on the d.r. 150 ft back.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Has anyone tried the new 4" pro troll that just got released for Kokes?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Not sure when they released it but I bought a couple quite a while ago (couple years maybe?). Wouldn’t say they are new. Spent a couple of days up there doing some comparisons recently.

I haven’t caught anything on them yet. Not convinced the e-chip does much.

I think the challenge I have is trying a couple of different styles of dodgers at the same time is they may require different speeds. So it’s similar to trying to fish a 360 on one rod and a triangle on another at B10. I also tried to have the same terminal gear set up on each so the only variable was the dodger.

I’m sure they catch fish but one needs to go through their own trials of figuring out what gives it the best action and spin from a speed and leader length perspective.

·
Registered
149 Posts
What's the Cameron Black basic December recipe?
Also, how many rods did you have out?cuz 4 rods seem to attract much more Merwin kokanee action than 2.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
v

This is Cameron's recipe for fishing Merwin . Brads Extreme Dodger in the moon pink color and a very small silver & red spin glow . He seems to think that Brads Dodgers are a little heaver than most and they whip the spin glow around better . His second choice is using a pink hoochie .

·
Registered
695 Posts
Who is going to start the official 2021 Merwin thread?
I remember when Pepsiguy used to start it a couple years ago. Haven’t seen him post in a long while. Hope he is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #452
Who is going to start the official 2021 Merwin thread?
I remember when Pepsiguy used to start it a couple years ago. Haven’t seen him post in a long while. Hope he is ok.

I think I’m up to the task, Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
149 Posts
Pepsi guy - Rick is one of the most knowlegeable, friendly and helpful fishermen of all time. He is an exceptional individual. And yep, his dog Cooper continues to accompany him at Merwin.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Pepsi guy - Rick is one of the most knowlegeable, friendly and helpful fishermen of all time. He is an exceptional individual. And yep, his dog Cooper continues to accompany him at Merwin.

That’s for sure. Miss seeing his posts.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Fished yesterday, at the ramp at 0800 and not another rig there. Caught 4 and missed as many between 9-10 then went dead. Bites were down towards the dam then moved all around. Bagged it at 2. Fish were caught on top and on 1/2 oz. all 150-175’back. Water is still cloudy and low

441 - 456 of 456 Posts