IFish.net banner

401 - 420 of 456 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #401
Anyone happen to find my mojo on Merwin today? I think it accidentally fell overboard around 9:20-9:30a on the far side of the bay coming out of the launch. If found, please return as it has sentimental value and has been with me for 47 years.

Melissa and I got a late start and launched at 9am, at 9:15 dropped the lines and at 9:20a had the first fish of the day, nice 13” fatty. Off to a good start or at least so I thought. That was the first and last fish of the day we didn’t even get any other bites. We worked around the bay then down by the waterfalls but just couldn’t get into them despite running 4 rods at various depths from 15’ to 50’ and a variety of dodgers, flies and 4 different corn scents. Marked a few fish here and there but just couldn’t find them today. It was a gorgeous day and the dogs were enjoying sleeping under a sleeping bag while we tried to locate the fish. Called it a day around 1:30p.

I don’t know what was going on today but couldn’t seem to locate them. Usually we end up with at least one limit of fish if not more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
262 Posts
We netted three (12/13”) - worked three rods with a son. Launched at daybreak and loaded around 2:30. We drug our gear across from the launch.

We didn’t find anything except the three shiners Shanem - son counted 31 boats on the water in that area about 10 this morning.

Orange may have been as good as anything we tried. All the drive -by and landed fish for us were around 20’ with riggers and 70’ or more back. 1.2-1.4 mph.

I’d be curious if others figured out the recipe to find willing kokes today.

Was surprised to see that many boats lined up to launch at first light - more surprised to see how fast that many boats found water.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Black Friday wasn't as generous as some of the shopping deals were. First in line at the gate and holy cow, did the line up start soon after. Went straight South from the bay and picked up 4 aggressive biters in short order on the surface. Had two more bites that didn't stick and that was it for me. All the boats in that area soon made me feel the need to move. I left and headed down lake. Covered a couple miles of water and depths from surface to 30 ft and didn't find any players. Beautiful day for late Nov, couldn't complain about that. Tried some new Deadly Venom dodgers with a pink mosquito spinner and small fire tiger spin glo which picked up the fish. Tried other items which didn't get a sniff.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
SteelheadSlayer,
on Thanksgiving with light rain most of the morning, breeze broken water, only about 10 boats total: during the first hour of light, we get solid strikes and then NADA.
Or at most a random strike 10 or 11am-ish.
Similar pattern 11/20, 11/9

Seems like, most of the kokanee feed on the plankton the first hour of light and then go into "meditation", dont notice any of our stuff trolled past them.
Only an occasional "drive by" strike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got there just after 7am yesterday and landed 9 fish in just over 2 hours, lost a couple. I patiently waited another 4+ hours for another hit and finally came home with 10. Most all were about 10' down.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Went today. We got 10 with 4 rods. Quit at 1:00 when the wind kicked up and we had a hideous 3 rod tangle. We fished way back with 7-17 ft down. Spotty fishing, but what a nice basically warm freaky Friday December 4th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
262 Posts
3 in the boat by 8:30, another at 10. Not a bite after so I slid the boat back on the trailer at 1:00. Mine were on the surface and ~180’ back @ ~1.2 mph, no weight. 2 rods. 49 degree surface water temp.

I couldn’t get any action on dr’s from 7-30’.

Pic is a testament to the freaky nice day. Brisk in the am but warmed up.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Pulled out at 1230 8 fish for 5 rods. Down 10 back 100 and 125 on flat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Patriot
1,782 Posts
Anyone happen to find my mojo on Merwin today? I think it accidentally fell overboard around 9:20-9:30a on the far side of the bay coming out of the launch. If found, please return as it has sentimental value and has been with me for 47 years.

Melissa and I got a late start and launched at 9am, at 9:15 dropped the lines and at 9:20a had the first fish of the day, nice 13” fatty. Off to a good start or at least so I thought. That was the first and last fish of the day we didn’t even get any other bites. We worked around the bay then down by the waterfalls but just couldn’t get into them despite running 4 rods at various depths from 15’ to 50’ and a variety of dodgers, flies and 4 different corn scents. Marked a few fish here and there but just couldn’t find them today. It was a gorgeous day and the dogs were enjoying sleeping under a sleeping bag while we tried to locate the fish. Called it a day around 1:30p.

I don’t know what was going on today but couldn’t seem to locate them. Usually we end up with at least one limit of fish if not more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Whenever I finish Merwin, which is not often anymore, when I hit a fish I would mark it on my GPS. That way I know at least where there was a school so I try to stay around the Mark before abandoning that spot because you never know which way they move.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Fishing report for Dec, 10, 2020,,, well, well well first time out this season after we were locked out by the big hollow fire back in september and we had to wast some time looking for an elk that we did not find! Road was icy from amboy to almost the ramp, temp 32- 35 wind was from the east 10 mph then west 10 mph then back east 10 mph you get the idea. Fished with the wind ,,,ramp to the cabins then back a few times. Boaters that we talked to said it was cold and miserable and no fish (we had the furnace going full blast about 71 in the boat). We left at 2 pm with only 1 kokaneeeee and were the last to leave. First time I have been skunked in over 5 years...... not impressed! We will be going next week because we do not know any better. Sammy

·
Registered
262 Posts
Thanks for the report. Seems like that can be a challenging patch of water to find willing fish.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Fishing report for Dec, 10, 2020,,, well, well well first time out this season after we were locked out by the big hollow fire back in september and we had to wast some time looking for an elk that we did not find! Road was icy from amboy to almost the ramp, temp 32- 35 wind was from the east 10 mph then west 10 mph then back east 10 mph you get the idea. Fished with the wind ,,,ramp to the cabins then back a few times. Boaters that we talked to said it was cold and miserable and no fish (we had the furnace going full blast about 71 in the boat). We left at 2 pm with only 1 kokaneeeee and were the last to leave. First time I have been skunked in over 5 years...... not impressed! We will be going next week because we do not know any better. Sammy

Will be going out in the AM to try my luck. Haven’t really fished Merwin since the fires. Going to probably do my winter loop route (Speelyi shore line to campers hideaway shoreline) and see how I do.

@Sam’nilla where and what depths where you running? Feel free to PM your secrets are safe with me

·
Registered
203 Posts
Will be going out in the AM to try my luck. Haven’t really fished Merwin since the fires. Going to probably do my winter loop route (Speelyi shore line to campers hideaway shoreline) and see how I do.

@Sam’nilla where and what depths where you running? Feel free to PM your secrets are safe with me

Hay sorry for the late response having some computer issues... top to 30 ft back maybe 100 ft back. down from the ramp to the cabins on both sides and in the middle. we did catch the one in front of the waterfalls.. hope this helps, Sammy:twocents:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Will be going out in the AM to try my luck. Haven’️t really fished Merwin since the fires. Going to probably do my winter loop route (Speelyi shore line to campers hideaway shoreline) and see how I do.

@Sam’️nilla where and what depths where you running? Feel free to PM your secrets are safe with me

Guess I’ll wait a while before I hit Merwin again. Sounds like you netted the one I lost Sammy.

Hay sorry for the late response having some computer issues... top to 30 ft back maybe 100 ft back. down from the ramp to the cabins on both sides and in the middle. we did catch the one in front of the waterfalls.. hope this helps, Sammy

·
Registered
70 Posts
How has the lake been in terms of debris/logs? It can be a real adventure dodging logs when running the lake this time of year. Especially with any bit of wind chop.

·
Registered
262 Posts
How has the lake been in terms of debris/logs? It can be a real adventure dodging logs when running the lake this time of year. Especially with any bit of wind chop.
12/5 - plenty of floating hazards - wood chunks of various sizes. Had to pay attention

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hay sorry for the late response having some computer issues... top to 30 ft back maybe 100 ft back. down from the ramp to the cabins on both sides and in the middle. we did catch the one in front of the waterfalls.. hope this helps, Sammy:twocents:

Thanks for the reply. Went out on Sa****ay and didn’t get there when the gates opened but got there about 7:30. Handful of trailers in the lot and had the launch all to myself. Caught only 2 Kokanee outside of the campers hideaway marina. Called it for fishing around 10amish. Was having Motorguide Xi5 Pin Point issues, wasn’t tracking my routes off of my HDS Carbon properly. So I spent about 2 hours floating around out in the lake trying to trouble shoot my TM. Wasn’t able to figure it out, so loaded the boat up and went home. Found out when I relaunched the boat on Monday and called Motorguide and Lowrance to help me figure out what was wrong. That Lowrance had sent out an update that now conflicts with Motorguide as far as following routes tracked on my Lowrance. Everything else works fine, now just have to wait until the spring for Motorguide to release an update....

401 - 420 of 456 Posts