119,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have one of these? :smile:

Good times...

Is this an e bay wannabe?

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
No baggies but I still have a couple of these hanging around. Did a show with Larry in 1984. It was fun..

Hmmmmm Jenny, Your bags and my rags!!!!Probably make a killin'..

I didn't get down that way very often but when I did I always stopped by to buy some fishing gear.

Sorry to see them go.

fop

[ 09-29-2003, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: fop ]

·
Administrator
119,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want that jacket!

I hear that Dudley Nelson is doing a new TV show... I think with Larry? Not sure... that is supposed to be National. I can't wait to hear more.

Jen

·
Ichthyomaniac
3,187 Posts
The theme song from fishing the west sometimes plays in my head as I am walking along the river.

So does Merle Haggard doing Big City, thanks to NW Fishing report.

·
Registered
733 Posts
larrys was like a live in person version of ifish, you got great gear and advice. fisherman marine and supply comes close to matching but its not the same as larrys. joco

·
Registered
774 Posts
The Larry's Crew in Gresham was great... Mike Duley, Rick Vincent, Dan Joy were outstanding in the tackle department, led by Guy Schorenborn this was a really fun place to purchase tackle and talk fishing. If there's one thing I miss about losing Larry's Sporting Goods it's the relationships missed.

·
Administrator
119,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bill used to work there.
He said it was the most fun job he'd ever had!

Jen

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
I can recall talking with Larry many times. He has a special way of making you feel that you are the only person in his mind when talking with you. Salesmanship? I think so. Nice guy.

·
Registered
774 Posts
If Bill worked at the Gresham Larry's I guess I would like to know his last name.....I'm sure I would know him since I was in there every day for 13 years delivering the US Mail.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Peaches and Diesel by Eric Clapton,I just put it on and hit repeat.My brother dosen't remember the show and wonders why I like to play it when we leave the dock and get up on plain. :cheers:Thanx for the memories.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Ahh Yes, the Woodland Store. I remember when I was little going in there with my dad. We still go there, but it hasn't been Larry's for years. I still remember my dad introducing us to Larry. He was very nice to us. Him and Brad are both nice people. I hear they will be tearing it down one of these days for new devleopment.

I would love to get some of those old episodes to watch again. I doubt they made tapes to buy did they???? We need another show like that for the area.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I still have a couple of rods with the larry's price tags on them....people always laugh when they see i havent taken the tags off after all these years.

Pat

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was by far my favorite store growing up in the Beaverton area. I shopped at the Cedar Hills store (bought my first fly rod there). Very sad to see it go.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
I worked at the Gresham store in the early 90's while I went to Mt Hood. It was a fun place to work for sure, just think, getting paid to talk fishing.....

Pat, I still have some of those price tag rods too.

I know I've seen every show made, we used to have them playing over head all the time at the tackle counter.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Dudley & Larry together, on TV?

Whoa, now we're really going back!

Break out the Dud's Plugs and Full Nelson spinners!! :grin:

·
Administrator
119,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think Bill worked at the OC Larrys.
I'll ask.
J
Bill Hedlund

·
Registered
19,953 Posts
This what I remember about fishing the west. Neat,neat,pretty fish,pretty fish.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
We still say "nice fish Larry" in my boat. I know when I would go in the Cedar Hills store they had all the Fishing the West shows on tape and rented them. There probably around somewhere.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts