·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
Reactions: Jim Farmer

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is this Metro Pass the same as the annual pass I bought for Sauvies Island?

Or maybe better asked, will that Sauvie Permit work at Meldrum?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Collusion is right, they paid the same consulting firm millions for a study to implement the parking fee. It was the same consulting firm Metro used.

On the original transfer deed from the man whom owned the area it was stated, "The land was free from any encumbrances whatsoever." This meant free and clear, financially.

It was very well known even the Meldrums' informed the Public at Large that we could always fish here for free. Same goes for the land at the boat ramp. We fought it for years, the local government blames the public for the increase cost of maintenance. The is over 30 signs counted from the entrance to the boat ramp. I would bet they cost a minimum of $1000 a piece to install. All done by the city of Gladstone.

Let our libtard government take over and they created the encumbrances themselves. If this gets edited or removed I will in turn remove myself, you do not know TRUTH!

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Is this Metro Pass the same as the annual pass I bought for Sauvies Island?

Or maybe better asked, will that Sauvie Permit work at Meldrum?
No, Meldrum is strictly City of Gladstone

Reactions: pcstockton

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
To add insult to injury, they've decided to put the pay island down the 2 way entrance going into the park between the 2 mobile home parks where you can't turn around. Well, you could but it's going to cause a mess. And it's going to happen a lot at first. Worst idea ever putting it there. Should be a a walkup kiosk down by the bath rooms. Idiots
I'll be honoring what mr meldrum wanted all along like I have for the last 47 years, even if I live accross the bridge in oregon city. Pi$$onem.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Nobody seems to be able to find that deed, from Mr Meldrum. And the city of Gladstone is not looking very hard for it. I tried city records, and county records. Nothing. So if someone can come up with a certified copy of it. I suggest you get it to them. But I think you’re too late.
The city is tired of the homeless, and cleaning up after them. The parks and rec gets absolutely no monies from the general fund. They live on the scraps of the cities little funding they get. The community is small, I get it, we pay enough taxes on the land. WOW! We got a new city hall/new police department, conference rooms, court rooms, that don’t freeze you out, while on jury duty. Except in the summer, when the A/C didn’t work.
But to not fund your biggest asset, your 13 parks and boat ramps. So you all get to pay for their biggest assets. You are going to be paying for toilets paper, the cleaning, and all supplies, to maintain the restrooms/pit toilets,dumping of the trash cans, maintenance of the boat ramp, the RC track, the baseball/soccer fields, the play grounds and the other parks in the city.
But this whole pay to play game, has burnt me to the bone. I’m done. No more money to the state, no money to the city boat ramps, parking lots, or for that matter, no money to the retailers, whom I bought thousand of dollars a year, in fishing gear. I sold the boat, and gave away most of my gear. Including my crab pots, and rings. The only thing we held onto were the clam guns, and if we get lucky, we might have an opportunity to dig, before they take this away again.
You pay hundreds of dollars on licensing and tags, then the whole pay to play bs. Everybody is getting greedy, and the state is no different. Im done with the whole thing.

End of rant. Sorry this was the last straw on the camels back.
No fish, more money, cut us off early, open late, if at all.
No more for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Goodbye everyone! I have no problem paying $3 for parking. I'll take the opportunity to fish alone-ish.

Over the last 4-6 weeks there has been basically no one plunking at Meldrum anyway. And not many during Steelhead.

I think the boaters may be the most upset, but aren't there many other places to launch for free? I rarely see boats at the Clackamette ramp.

And in the end, and principles aside, any boater is going to spend hundreds to spend the day on the water. What's $3?

Less riff raff, less litter, hopefully far less RC cars.

Best,
P

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nobody seems to be able to find that deed, from Mr Meldrum. And the city of Gladstone is not looking very hard for it. I tried city records, and county records. Nothing. So if someone can come up with a certified copy of it. I suggest you get it to them. But I think you’re too late.
The city is tired of the homeless, and cleaning up after them. The parks and rec gets absolutely no monies from the general fund. They live on the scraps of the cities little funding they get. The community is small, I get it, we pay enough taxes on the land. WOW! We got a new city hall/new police department, conference rooms, court rooms, that don’t freeze you out, while on jury duty. Except in the summer, when the A/C didn’t work.
But to not fund your biggest asset, your 13 parks and boat ramps. So you all get to pay for their biggest assets. You are going to be paying for toilets paper, the cleaning, and all supplies, to maintain the restrooms/pit toilets,dumping of the trash cans, maintenance of the boat ramp, the RC track, the baseball/soccer fields, the play grounds and the other parks in the city.
But this whole pay to play game, has burnt me to the bone. I’m done. No more money to the state, no money to the city boat ramps, parking lots, or for that matter, no money to the retailers, whom I bought thousand of dollars a year, in fishing gear. I sold the boat, and gave away most of my gear. Including my crab pots, and rings. The only thing we held onto were the clam guns, and if we get lucky, we might have an opportunity to dig, before they take this away again.
You pay hundreds of dollars on licensing and tags, then the whole pay to play bs. Everybody is getting greedy, and the state is no different. Im done with the whole thing.

End of rant. Sorry this was the last straw on the camels back.
No fish, more money, cut us off early, open late, if at all.
No more for me.

So.... selling it all? Craigslist? Let us know. I love a garage sale.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
So.... selling it all? Craigslist? Let us know. I love a garage sale.
Already did it. In February I donated and gave everything away. Check out Deseret Industries.that’s where I gave everything away to.

Where does it end? You watch, cedar Oak will be next, than Milwaukie, and Oregon City. As soon as they see that the money is coming in, they too will start charging.
Clackamette doesn’t get used, cause of the ramp location. You have to power your boat on from down stream, and the Ramp keeps getting shut down. Which why they will be next. They need to devise a new ramp at Clacakamette. When they find out Gladstone is going to make money on parking, they will follow suit. Oregon city only has Sport craft, and that has no Where to park, like Milwaukie.
Just like the endorsement fee, that now will go to 2026. They never give back, only take take take, and when you’re on a fixed income, you pretty much are done recreating.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
The problem is the launches are at some times being over run. The powers that be decided to regulate use by imposing fees that will limit access to those who cant afford it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you cannot afford $3, being on a fixed income, how can you afford filling the boat with fuel and the never-ending maintenence? Is fishing from a boat the only way you are willing to fish?

Also, being involved in local government is a great way to affect change and have your voice heard. Have any of you considered getting into it?

-p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Once again...... anyone with a boat, trailer and truck to haul it all can afford this fee and much, much more. So not sure about "limiting access to those that can't afford it."

So I suppose it is just the principle of it all, which seems a bit silly to me.

I am surprised the didn't enact the fee before they rebuilt the ramp/dock.

How much does it cost to park at Chinook Landing? Should that also be free? I just want to plunk around there and I pay to park. Presumably to pay for a boat launch I will never use. No biggie.

-p

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
If you cannot afford $3, being on a fixed income, how can you afford filling the boat with fuel and the never-ending maintenence? Is fishing from a boat the only way you are willing to fish?

Also, being involved in local government is a great way to affect change and have your voice heard. Have any of you considered getting into it?

-p
That’s just it. You named everything that your still have to pay for. And now yet Another $ fee. It’s not the amount that puts over the camels back. It’s the thought that the dam is broken, and it’s not going to stop with the $3 fee. It’s going to cost more and more each year with less and less opportunities. By the time you maintain the boat, pay registration, tires, fuel, and now you add fishing license, tags, gear,blackmail money to the state, and passes to all the boat ramps. You don’t have money to get a hot dog!
I tried the get office, and found to be nothing more but a burden on their ideas. They want all your money. They don’t care if your can’t afford to live and recreate. They want the greenbacks and nothing more.
It has become a sport of the Rich and Famous Only. It used to be a sport you could feed your family, now you feed your political influencer

Sent from my iPad usingj

·
Registered
14,033 Posts
I'll pay the fee to launch. No problem with that. I beef is, as I understand it, the fella who gave the property to the township did so with the understanding that it will be a no fee park. I don't feel comfortable with that. Maybe that's because I'm a man of my word and who honors commitments.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Will there be security to keep the thieves at bay? I'd gladly pay $3 or more if it increased my comfort at leaving my outfit unattended. The thievery by the "under-advantaged" bothers me even more than the thievery by all levels of government.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Already did it. In February I donated and gave everything away. Check out Deseret Industries.that’s where I gave everything away to.

Where does it end? You watch, cedar Oak will be next, than Milwaukie, and Oregon City. As soon as they see that the money is coming in, they too will start charging.
Clackamette doesn’t get used, cause of the ramp location. You have to power your boat on from down stream, and the Ramp keeps getting shut down. Which why they will be next. They need to devise a new ramp at Clacakamette. When they find out Gladstone is going to make money on parking, they will follow suit. Oregon city only has Sport craft, and that has no Where to park, like Milwaukie.
Just like the endorsement fee, that now will go to 2026. They never give back, only take take take, and when you’re on a fixed income, you pretty much are done recreating.
Hey, Tracy...Since you are paying taxes to the City of Gladstone, you can come into the park for free. I applied at City Hall (nice building!) to get my free pass. If you want to fish off the bank, I will be glad to come get you and I have some spare fishing gear for you to use.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Hey, Tracy...Since you are paying taxes to the City of Gladstone, you can come into the park for free. I applied at City Hall (nice building!) to get my free pass. If you want to fish off the bank, I will be glad to come get you and I have some spare fishing gear for you to use.
Does Gladstone get revenue from Clackamas county? The state or state marine board for the boat ramp? IF so, this is a case of double billing. What changed? They felt they needed more funds and the park was an easy target. Maybe they should put a toll on 99e next... to me, it is about the same thing...

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Does Gladstone get revenue from Clackamas county? The state or state marine board for the boat ramp? IF so, this is a case of double billing. What changed? They felt they needed more funds and the park was an easy target. Maybe they should put a toll on 99e next... to me, it is about the same thing...
I don't think Gladstone receives any revenue from Clackamas County. But don't quote me... Gladstone receives 5k from the Marine Board, that is why the city kept it under $5. I cringe at the thought of tolling I-205 on the west side...

41 - 58 of 58 Posts