IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Non-Resident=Anyone who does not live in Gladstone. They already paid taxes for the park. Marine board paid $5K to Gladstone for the ramp per the Mayor. I was wondering if the charge is for boaters only or the "others" who use the park who is not residents or disabled.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will try to find out. During winter steelhead season, I will be down there.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here you go....At least this: https://www.ci.gladstone.or.us/site...e/5391/final_econw-meldrum_bar_fee-100820.pdf

It gets pretty crazy in the summer with the skidoos parked on the bar and at Dahl Park as the public Pools are closed during the Pandemic. 2 or 3 dollars should not break anyone except the low income and disabled.. The study forgot to include Oregon City which has 2 boat ramps and charges nothing. Clackamette Park may not have a boat dock, just the concrete ramp which may not last long with the hydrology of the flooding river under it.

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Oh sure, try to get West Linn, Milwaukie and Tualatin to implement fees too. D**k move Gladstone.

Excerpt from the report...

Before proceeding with a parking fee at Meldrum Bar Park we recommend the following actions are taken:

• If charging only vehicles with trailers is desired, conduct additional monitoring and/or administer a visitor survey to estimate the number of trailers and portion of visitors who park near the boat ramp and bar. ECONorthwest could assist with a visitor survey as an extension of this work. A visitor survey could also ask about likelihood to substitute away from the site if a fee is implemented determine which sites would receive the substitute visitation.

• Discuss fee implementation and potential for coordination with the cities of West Linn, Milwaukie, and Tualatin. Implementing fees together at the same time and rate could reduce substitution away from Meldrum Bar Park, provide those cities opportunities for revenue generation, and minimize adverse distributional impacts for City of Gladstone residents.

• Consider fee implementation within the context of future planning activities that could provide efficiencies or changes to the financial feasibility considerations, such as redesign of Meldrum Bar Park as part of a Master Plan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
705 Posts
Oh sure, try to get West Linn, Milwaukie and Tualatin to implement fees too. D**k move Gladstone.

Excerpt from the report...

• Discuss fee implementation and potential for coordination with the cities of West Linn, Milwaukie, and Tualatin. Implementing fees together at the same time and rate could reduce substitution away from Meldrum Bar Park, provide those cities opportunities for revenue generation, and minimize adverse distributional impacts for City of Gladstone residents.

In some industries this would kick off antitrust/collision issues, but apparently not if cities wish to try getting a buck from the citizenry. Aargh.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oregon City is still free, but no bank fishing except in front of the RV park. rworegon, I think you are right.... Gladstone sounds like they want to charge starting at the New Year.

·
Registered
17,003 Posts
In some industries this would kick off antitrust/collision issues, but apparently not if cities wish to try getting a buck from the citizenry. .

Since this is only in the "idea" phase, Gladtone hasn't been called on it, yet. At the right time they should be.

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
In some industries this would kick off antitrust/collision issues, but apparently not if cities wish to try getting a buck from the citizenry. Aargh.

Collision or collusion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
So I can I get my meth while plunking o do I have to stop before the gate?

At the rate the tent encampments are popping up you’ll be able to buy it on the bar while you plunk. :)

·
Registered
748 Posts
At the rate the tent encampments are popping up you’ll be able to buy it on the bar while you plunk. :)

Marvelous! Will they charge the houseless? Can I launch and park for free if I am homeless? What if I claim to live there?

Quite frankly, pricing out the riff raff in this particular park would be a good thing.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts