IFish.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am probably jumping the gun, but does anyone know any results on the Chinook closure meeting to be held today?

Rusty

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Tuesday (tomorrow) last day below Bonneville for keeping chinook.

Wednesday last day above Bonneville for keeping chinook.

For fisheries that were to reopen Sept 30 for Chinook. That's been pulled until further notice.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
If the run size goes up then zone 6 will open first and then poss below bonneville dam. River still open to clipped Coho and clipped Steelhead.

·
Registered
99 Posts
This may be a dumb question but has anyone given thought to the passage over the damn to the fact the they are not letting any water over the spill ways? The last couple of weeks the flows were pretty blek.IMOA
:what:

·
Registered
13,929 Posts
This may be a dumb question but has anyone given thought to the passage over the damn to the fact the they are not letting any water over the spill ways? The last couple of weeks the flows were pretty blek.IMOA
:what:
If you look back a few pages, you will see that Bonneville started holding water back on September 1st.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Tuesday (tomorrow) last day below Bonneville for keeping chinook.

Wednesday last day above Bonneville for keeping chinook.

For fisheries that were to reopen Sept 30 for Chinook. That's been pulled until further notice.
Wednesday the 19th is the last day for chinook above Bonnie on the mainstem??? Just trying to confirm.......

With water temps still in the 70's above Bonneville, we haven't had much of a chance. It's Deja Vu all over AGAIN...... Grrrr......

·
Registered
809 Posts
Thanks to you guys for keeping us posted with meeting results.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
The spill rate has had little to no effect on upstream migrating fish in the years that I have been watching. The only reason they spill as long as they do is for smolt out migration which is mandated by court order until August 31st.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I think I'd still like to know if I can go Chinook fishing in the mainstem above Bonnie on Wednesday the 19??? And my mag-warts are already tuned......

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
All is not lost. Sounds like there are still a lot of coho to catch!!! B-10 to Bonnie.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts