IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
reeldick and I made the rounds today. Started at O'Darkthirty below Frenchmen's where we saw about 13,347 rods with nary a takedown for for the first few hours.

We moved up to the head of the channel where the bite was decidedly better. I managed a Coho on a cut plug - Fin clipped even. Of course it was all of 4" long and my cut plug was larger than it! That is going to one agressive salmon if it actually gets to adulthood!

After seeing one fish caught there for a couple hours effort, (and being told that there was an OK early bite) we decided to pack up and take the highways back toward home to fish in the "back yard" in the OC area.

There we heard more tales of a good bite last night and this morning, but other than one guide who managed two fish while back bouncing, no other fish came out of the garbage hole.

We decided to cut our losses and rest up for another trip in the morning.

But tomorrow is going to be better! Why? Because of the old saying,

"Red at night, Sailor's delight!"

Got this shot off the back patio just before dark...

[ 04-12-2003, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: Hogmaster ]

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,261 Posts
We had to go out and look because it was glowing red outside. Thought maybe the neighbors house was on fire. Cool sunset.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Big thunderstorm headed this way even. Lightning off to the southwest of my house and check out the radar.

UG

PS. Hogmaster, Im still looking foreward to a ride on your boat. When we going to go fishing? Eh?

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
STG -

That was a really almost surreal sky, wasn't it? The whole sky was lit up!

Mikey, so you think I should be taking lessons from you in the NFL, eh? Nice job on the fish!

And UG, I am the weekend warrior, unfortunately. I can go in back some nights after work. You name it and you have a seat!

:cheers:

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Oh come on hog, you know you wanna get a limit of Springers :wink: Get that big ol boat of your's out there, we could own the river :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Big black thunderstorm came in from the SW about 7 PM...a gray sunset. Its been raining heavily & windy off & on since then here in the hills NW of Eugene.

·
Registered
14,760 Posts
Hey Hog,

Fishin wasn't bad in your backyard. :shocked: :shrug: :shocked:

GRB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts