IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Administrator
119,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This contest is brought to you by Korkers Sports and Safety Footwear!

OK, here are the rules. Remember, writing contest rules is not my forte, but I try really, really hard!

The winner of this contest will be the proud owner of a new pair of Korker's Konvertible Wading Shoes !

The contest is in two parts.

First, you must visit their site, (link above) and return here with a quote from their site, that is interesting to you.

Second, you must guess how much yearly measurable rain will be displayed on the Kilchis River Weather Station on Wednesday evening, September 10th, precisely, at 6:00 PM.

Currently, the yearly rain is at 68.19.

So, you'll need to guess how much rain we will receive, on the coast, out of this next system, and add it to 68.19. Perhaps, as has been happening in the past, it won't rain at all! :mad: Perhaps, though, it will rain so much, that all those little salmons will come racing towards my home! :smile:

So, is this a good contest? Before we start, I will leave this contest open, until 6 PM tonight, so that users on ifish can have a chance to figure if there will be any foreseeable problems with this contest.

Please do NOT vote, until the contest opens. I will leave the thread open, so that you can point out flaws in my rules, until 6 tonight. Please feel free to do so. Again, do NOT vote. It won't count until after 6!!!!

The contest entries will be closed, tomorrow night, September 6th. This will leave a 24 hour period for your entries.

The contest winner will be announced, or drawn, on the 10th, and directions will be given to the winner, as to how to obtain your new Korkers!

If, by any chance, the Kilchis Weather station should not be operating, we will estimate the weather system's rain fall according to the local weather station at KTIL. (Which is usually lower than what we get, but closer than the Portland news reports!)

There will be only one guess allowed, per person!
NO EDITED ANSWERS ALLOWED. If you edit your post, for whatever reason, your entry will be denied.

Also, a reminder... I only have one pair of boots to give out. If somehow this gets screwed up, I cannot be held accountable for more than one pair of boots.

So, Questions, class? :smile:

Is this a good one? :smile:

[ 09-05-2003, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Administrator
119,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, anyone who doesn't read carefully, and goes ahead and votes before 6 tonight, will have to stand up in front of us all, and chant, "I can't read... I can't read... I can't read..."

:smile: :tongue: :wink:

·
Registered
554 Posts
How do we decide ties? And what about a minimum requirement for number of posts (like 25 or so) to encourage those who don't contribute and ride the shirttails of others?

·
Registered
588 Posts
1. Minimum post requirment

2. Must be currently in the military

this will make it easier on the judge as well :grin:

·
Flatlander
7,595 Posts
Yep, minimum posts...1000 would be a good starter. That is just to keep the slackers off my shirt tail. :wink:

Relative aint it?
gus

·
Registered
448 Posts
Originally posted by Gus Orviston:
Yep, minimum posts...1000 would be a good starter. That is just to keep the slackers off my shirt tail. :wink:

Relative aint it?
gus
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Afraid of us young bucks? aren't ya'

:grin:

Jen,
I likes, but you should clarify in the event of a tie. I think whoever posted first. You may slam your server doing this though. Maybe a tie should go to post count? :shrug: That would surely put me at a disadvantage and encourage others to post the same numbers as those with a lower post count. This could be taken care of by people pm'ing you the guess. (silent auction type) A little more work for you but would eliminate those who didn't do there homework.

P.S. I think they should go to us bankies that actually have to hike the river. :grin: But I am a little biased, I really want those Korkers.

·
Registered
188 Posts
How about a minimum of 40 posts?
Cmon guys and gals!

·
Registered
448 Posts
[rear end kissing]I should clarify that I am happy, period, that Jen does stuff like this. It's pretty kewl on her behalf and shows that she has integrity and ethics beyond most of us. [/rear end kissing]

Really, I posted that so no one could interpret what I posted as a gripe. There are a lot of people quick to their guns around here and I don't want anything I said misconstrued. It has already been done and I don't want any more tarnishing of myself on the BB. I did come here to learn and make a friend or three. I can't help it if a enjoy handing out a good ribbing and can take the best in return.

I am a little defensive... Can't we all just get along? :grin:

·
Administrator
119,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, the first person with the right guess wins.

If there are further problems, I will go with the one with the most posts.

Sound fair? Thanks for waiting. Had to take Andrew... I mean KJ to the orthodontist.

Jen

·
Registered
188 Posts
So Jenny- no more wait 'till 6pm?

Edit:
Quote is "Comfort, comfort, comfort – need we say more? "

Guess is:

[ 09-05-2003, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Sky-Guy ]

·
Administrator
119,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, I already stated it would begin at 6, and some folks might be off line, and waiting for that time.
Let's leave it open for posts that occur at 6 PM today, or after.
Jen

·
Administrator
41,374 Posts
"These wading boots, frankly, are pretty awesome, and their potential for the traveling angler is quite significant. . . The unique element of the boot system is the ability to change soles very easily and very quickly, without the use of any tools. An angler can go from standard wool felt, to felt with steel studs, to a Vibram hiker tread, to a soft. . . boat deck sole, and even to a heavy duty steel stud sole with no felt for the extreme conditions found on jetties, coral reefs and exceptionally fast-flowing rivers. It's like having five pairs of boots."

Joseph E. Daniel, Wild on the Fly

68.93 inches is my prediction

I can't read, I can't read, I can't read, I can't read, I can't read, I can't read, I can't read, I can't read, I can't read.

[ 09-05-2003, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: Pete ]

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Instead of screws or inserts that require tools, these soles slip into a recess in the toe of the boot, are held by a gripper pad on the arch, and secured with a hoop-and-loop strap at the back of the ankle. It's fast and ingenious, and you can choose from plain or studded felts, lug soles, studded rubber or soft soles for boat decks."

Ted Leeson, Fly Rod & Reel

68.69 is my guess.

Chris :cool:

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Pete is not playing fair, or by the rules. :hoboy: :hoboy:

Rule # 1 states you must include a quote you find interesting to you from the Korkers site.

And no edits either :tongue:

Sorry Pete...you're DQ'd

Chris and the always plays by the rules cat :grin:

·
Administrator
119,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I feel bad for Pete. :depressed:

He works so hard for ifish, too.

Pete? How bout I send you an ifish decal for a booby prize? LOL! OOPS! I'm being mean, and the anger management police are going to get me!!!

:smile:

Pete, all I can say is I'm so sorry!

Jen

·
Administrator
41,374 Posts
Decals? :grin:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts