IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Ichthyomaniac
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I landed this new ride today, and I am PUMPED!

She's a 2001, as are the Mercs. Trailer by Baker.
Look for me to be posting open seats in the future, especially this springer season. In the meantime, I think I will choreograph and perform a short ritualized dance around and in the boat tonight, so as to ensure good fish juju.

By the way, I could use a refresher on good maintenance practices for the motors, trailer, and hull, as this rig is a step up in complexity from my other boats. Any general suggestions?

See you out there.

[ 02-09-2004, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: Riverkeeper ]

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Nice boat........ Who is the ugly spawner in the middle of that beautiful boat :grin: Just kidding...

Most important thing is to grease the pump( is it pump or prop) if you have one. Also, if is salt water make sure you have ZINCS on the boat.

There are alot of old posts on cleaning the hull. If you have a motor manual it will talk about winterizing.

Now you will have to deal with things like:

New larger freezer
List of excuses when the bite is really good

Oh, and by the way, this is a very good time for the juju dance, as the moon is full. You do know you are supposed to perform this dance naked dont you? :dance:

Does it have a wash down pump? almost as important as the net in my boat, and last, check the safty gear, fire extengushier, flairs, first aid, signal horn and a few tools..... Good luck, way to go, very nice boat..............

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Beauty of a boat Riverkeeper!! :cheers: You're making me jealous! Congratulations.

Originally posted by fishbait:

List of excuses when the bite is really good
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Does ANYONE have this list? I've run out! and I keep getting in trouble :grin:

- :dance: jokester

·
Administrator
119,610 Posts
That is PERFECT!
How long is it?
Jen

·
Ichthyomaniac
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jen, it's 16. Small enough that I can pull it around with my little truck, but big enough that with some organizing (one of my strong suits), I should just have enough room for friends and gear.

·
Premium Member
14,394 Posts
i'll be taking you up on open springer seats and offering up open steelie trips once the drifter is done. sweet looking ride you've got there.
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
You don't know how much I would give for a boat just like that. That's sweet! Enjoy it!

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
RiverKeeper!

Congrats! Glad you got that boat. She is a beauty!

Hose it off after salt water.
Flush the motors after salt water.
Check the zincs.
Run Motors out of fuel when done for the day.
Don't assume a small engine noise is nothing to worry about.
Properly store battery over winter.

EK

ps - your willie is showing, this is a family web site!

[ 10-11-2003, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: El-Kabong ]

·
Administrator
119,610 Posts
Tell Willie how much you would give for a boat like that, and he will help you out.
I feel the same way! That's so perfect! SO perfect!
How wide and stable is it?
Jen

·
Administrator
119,610 Posts
I want it so bad that now it's my desktop theme!
:smile:

Some day.... dream dream dream...

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Riverkeeper,

I am curious as to what engines you have in the boat. Big Merc./Jet or Prop. and HP? Small Merc-HP?

Rusty

Also, have you found that the boat is very "stern heavy"?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I think I saw that little thing in the last Boat Trader issue? Petty cool new ride!

[ 10-11-2003, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: TH ]

·
Ichthyomaniac
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jen, I think the beam is 82". Obviously I haven't spent a whole lot of time in it, but it seems pretty stable. I think you should order one for yourself this week. You're due.

Rusty- 50 prop and 8 kicker.

Ampersat- you're on. Since steelhead season is before springers, I'll be sitting by the phone :grin: . Did I mention I have kind of a fetish for glass driftboats as well?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts