IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Will be there 10/25 & 26. Do know thing are heating up. Buddy of mine had 5 to the boat 2 weeks ago. Will know more after the weekend. :shrug:

·
Registered
784 Posts
I understand from FNF that he's been doing real well this past month. Acording to earlier communications from him, Full and New Moon are peak targets to consider for this sort of action. So what does that say about the possibilities this weekend??....stay tuned...I get to meet and fish with "the Legend" :bowdown: this Saturday night for my first time. Regardless of whether or not I bring something to the boat, I know that this will be a trip to remember and will be a real education for me. I'll post a report when I get back sometime Sunday.

Dean

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Dean,
Coffee and no-doz are your friend. Good luck and remember k-13s rock!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Any word on if the Steelies are in @ Mcnary yet? :shrug:
I was there on 11 Oct and caught one nice one :smile: and am looking forward to getting back there.
Any fishing report would be great.
Thanks,
KK

·
Registered
533 Posts
Wensday- hit the water at 7 am.
orange mag w/ glitter.
by 9:30 am we had 5 kings to the boat, only two worth keeping.
switched to green wiggle wart.
11:00am two nice natives around 12-14 lbs.
by noon the place was quite.
headed back Saturday night. plan on launching around 6pm.look for the hardtop trophy..
lighted kwikfish time....
Sam

·
Registered
16,479 Posts
:grin: Wait! Hey isn`t that second one a LARGEMOUTH????? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Nice fish mon!! Fishft.

·
Registered
13,614 Posts
How much for the spool of mule tape? Stuff is getting tough to find.

Nice fish.

Mark and the dog.

·
Registered
22,364 Posts
FNF been missing your pictures this year. what gives? :shrug:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
We have made 19 trips with 40 steelhead and 2 salmon caught. Best night so far has been 7 steelies. Biggest for us has been a 38 incher. Bills fish was 36.5 inches. My buddy Mark caught a 42.5 incher 4 nights ago. Giving reports got kinda of old. Will post pictures from time to time. :cheers:

·
Registered
784 Posts
Great trip - beautiful weather, fall colors in the Blue Mountains, and good companionship. But catching, unfortunately, wasn't in the cards.

FNF and I spent something like 12 hours out there dragging Mag Warts before dark, and then lighted Kwickies and Vortex lures, like several other boats out for the night. We had only one half-hearted hit, and think we saw one of the other boats catch a fish.

Steve, I thoroughly enjoyed the trip and look forward to getting together again. Sincerely appreciated the open seat. Tight lines.

Dean

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for the hot tips!!
Is it true you have to possess a Washington license to fish at night? Can I still launch on the Oregon side at Mcnary??
Thanks for the tips.
Nice fish FNF!!

·
Registered
784 Posts
N-N, if I recall correctly, you told us on one of your passes that you were getting much of your action out toward the middle. We spent much of our time, as you probably noticed, on the Oregon side where numbers coming up the fish ladder apparently far outnumber those coming up on the other side. Plus there's good structure and depth.

Later on we did fish across the middle and around on the WA side by the wall and locks. It was really late [or early in the morning] and there were only 3 boats including us still on the water. When we got over on that side we were greeted by at least 6 coyotes spread out along the WA shoreline who were quite vocal. I was somewhat surprised that FNF, besides being an outstanding fisherman, also has a great voice [and delivery], if you're a coyote. He carried on a howling conversation with them for quite some time. I'll admit that I was somewhat uneasy for a bit, not knowing if Steve was losing it, but he managed to stay focused on the fishing. :grin:

By the way, nice fish.

Dean

[ 10-28-2003, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: Born to Fish ]

·
Registered
533 Posts
I would never 2nd guess Steve, cause he be the man. i've have followed him around in the dark and in the fog, watching, learning and catching.

we had fish breaking water at our head light, so we decided to stay out in the middle. right along the bouy line. it was good, But that was a very slow and at time boring night. when thing really turn on, its really busy, add in the fog. a slight breeze and a couple hundred tons of floating metal ( barge's) and o yea, the ******* cold. it makes for some extreme fishing.
Sam

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Hey Nauti,
Thanks for the kind words, I tried everything in my arsenal to get Born to fish into some fish.I think Dean had some kind of stank on him. The coyotes were attracted to him! :grin: It was not to be and yes we did spend 12 hours on the water, 5pm to 5am, with only one half hearted rip. Are you coming down for some spooky steelies? It is gonna be a cold mutha. Last year at this time my trailer brakes froze! Dress warm! :cheers:

·
Registered
62 Posts
10 days and counting!! Can't wait to try my luck.
Will be breaking in two virgins to the Mcnary experience so the colder the better. Is it even worth trying the daytime slot?? Looks to me that most pictures are pretty dark out. Better question is where do I get a Washington license?
Nice Feesh!! :cheers:

"FHEC"

·
Registered
533 Posts
I wouldn't even slip in to the water until after all the daytimers pull out. lots of guys pull out at sunset and it gets kinda busy, wait until 6:30-7:00pm and you can own the place and go at your own pace.
As far as a Washington license< good question,,, the tricities is 30 miles away... maybe go online thats how i do it, very easy and you can print out you Washington license as soon as you complete it. but than again I'm a Washington Res. and it maybe diffrent for out of staters. best fishing happens around 10:30pm-2:00am.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts