IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the pleasure of fishing with Southfork from Steelheader.net this weekend. What a great time. He had heard about the McNary Steelhead Factory and he had wanted to experience it. After sleeping all day we hit it again on Saturday night. That was the night of the lunar eclipse.Before heading out he installed a new Led Lighting system in my boats gunnels. Talk about seeing the light!I have night fished for 15 years and I don't know how I lived without it. Talk about increasing safety. I could see everything in my boat and still have my night vision. He is really on to something here. If you ever take Southfork fishing, be prepared to see a mechanical genius in action. He got into my boat and you could smell the smoke coming out of his head as he came up with idea after idea! We went 4 for 4 with three keepers.

[ 11-10-2003, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: FEAR NO FISH! ]

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are some of the fish.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hit it on Sunday night by myself and landed 2 big fall nooks and 2 bright 10 pound hatchery fish. Those darn Salmon keep coming and coming. No pics cuz when I am alone I can't take any pics! 56 Steelies, 8 salmon in 29 trips. Back out Wednesday night. Hogmassa and Fishing aint life, when ya gonna get up here? :cheers:

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
Duder -

I saw that eclipse in Portlandia and immediately wondered how it would affect the bite for the master warrior. Sounds like it was just fine!
:bowdown:

I am writing this during a break from a conference I am at in San Francisco. Tonight they have rented out the SF Aquarium so at least I get to SEE some fish, if not actually get to catch any. Open bar and free grits too. I guess there could be worse duty. :wink: :cool: :wink:

Keep those cards a letters coming, boss! The lifeless one and me will be in a neighborhood near you really soon. Especially now that we can ride in style in the glittering slimerocket getter!

:cheers: :bowdown: :bowdown:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mike(Southfork)has designed cluster LED lights that you stick up under your boats gunnels. 50,000 hour lifetme on the LED'S. 12 Volt power with hardly any draw. I am the first tester. Indirect light that does not hurt your night vision. I can see everything in my boat. They really come in handy when you are dancing with big fish! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Fear no Fish,

Them are some perty pictures. I think we are a go for a tribal reunion this weekend. I hope the moons will still be in alignment for our sacfrificial fishing ceremony. I have been having visions of a successful hunt for our winter rations. Is it ok if I bring the lazyboy and my electric blanket? Did you ever get that top made? :sleep:

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
I would like to learn more about the type of Led's.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Steve, nice feeesh. The new LED's look awesome but with all that red lighting the boat might be mistaken for a floating bordello. If so, you might end up with more company then you care to have. :shocked:

Dean

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Steelie pimping ain't easy. All I need now are the hydraulics, already have the ghetto blaster. Steelies are partial to Kid Rock. :cheers:

·
Registered
784 Posts
Party on, Killer. :cheers: :dance: :dance: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi UG,
This year started out slower than the last 2 years. It didn't help having such a warm Sept. and Oct. Just have to put your time in. Making up for lost time now. :cheers: We do have a red hot fishery going on at Ringold Springs. Some people are getting 25-30 fish a day. They are the smaller Methow strain being raised there. 4-6 pound fish.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts